• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cast iron and glass

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate them. My daughter has one that I have to use for now. They are a yuppie thing. They are not practical. Require extra cleaning efforts, and cost way too much. They are made and bought for looks and just to tell others you have one. Absolutely no advantage to them, much more the opposite. Gas range and cast iron, the only way to go.
You're entitled to your opinion even though it is retarded. But you best be careful about slingin' that yuppie word around in the wrong crowd. It isn't JUST a yuppie thing. Just sayin'......

Unfortunately, due to the nature of narrow minded and ill tempered humans such as yourself, we can't all be friends......
Screenshot_20221223_171342_Samsung Internet.jpg

Glass top stoves suck.

They really suck using cast iron.

And they really really REALLY suck cooking homemade Maple Venison Breakfast Sausage, Pecan Smoked Backstrap & Eggs for a biscuit, and my famous secret recipe whole grain, apple & brown sugar spiked pancakes on cast iron for Christmas Breakfast.

Merry Christmas y'all !!!
Screenshot_20221225_101415_Gallery.jpg

No problems here, cooking our Christmas dinner on it.
That is a lot of Dutch Ovening, and I'll bet your dinner is outstanding.

For dinner I'll be cast iron panning my famous onion, garlic, green pepper Venison Stir Fry on this wretched glass top stove later to go with the buttered wild Turkey Breast that's propaning low and slow on the grill as I type, and the bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp that'll be on the smoker later.

That is a lot of Dutch Ovening, and I'll bet your dinner is outstanding.

For dinner I'll be cast iron panning my famous onion, garlic, green pepper Venison Stir Fry on this wretched glass top stove later to go with the buttered wild Turkey Breast that's propaning low and slow on the grill as I type, and the bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp that'll be on the smoker later.
The problem with shrimp is no one eats anything else until the shrimp is all gone.

Glass top stoves suck.

And they really really REALLY suck cooking homemade Maple Venison Breakfast Sausage, Pecan Smoked Backstrap & Eggs for a biscuit, and my famous secret recipe whole grain, apple & brown sugar spiked pancakes on cast iron for Christmas Breakfast.

Merry Christmas y'all !!!View attachment 185257
Oh dang. Now I’m hungry again..

Glass top stoves suck.

Merry Christmas y'all !!!View attachment 185257
Now that is what I call a breakfast 😋

Crazy thought......
How about block sanding the bottom of the cast iron skillet making it flat? Less chance to scratch and better heat transfer?
Now I'm thinking about using the mill at work to cut it flat..... Now I need to stop thinking about it...
Not that crazy at all. I used emery on top of my precision cast top table saw. then the pan bottom moved on the emery. It took off some high spots but I am not sure it made anything better. I use the same treatment to true my sharpening stones.

Thanks to the corruptocracy currently occupying the whitehouse it looks like all y'all's gas stoves are gonna get outlawed. Better start loving those electric ranges and glass tops because there's a planet to save, or something.

Not that crazy at all. I used emery on top of my precision cast top table saw. then the pan bottom moved on the emery. It took off some high spots but I am not sure it made anything better. I use the same treatment to true my sharpening stones.
I plan to use the concrete floor in my garage for that purpose on the cast iron fry pan. Hope it works.

Latest posts

Back