• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Carrying Pistol Caps...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
looking for a way to carry #10 caps for my 58 Remington. I do not want or need a capper. Had bad luck with a inline ted cash, never again. Only need to carry about 20 caps. Must be small and compact to fit in a cartridge box along with some cartridges. Thanks,

Smokey

Smokey, I just carry a partial tin of caps since I haven't found a capper that works with the 1858. The tubes that hold my diabetes test strips also work. They seal tight but open easily enough. I keep a few pieces of thin dowel handy to seat them fully as my big old fingers get in the way. Even a wooden match stick, with the head cut off, will do the job.

Jeff

Bisleyjohn - These cap carriers look great, so great I wanted to order one. Well, I tried to, but when I followed the directions I ended up signing up to some E LIBRARY , giving my name and address and VISA card number and "continuing on to the library of books and music available during my 5 day trial. There was literally NO way I could get to any page or form where I could order the cap carrier I wanted!

From Enfield58 on this forum; cheap and it works well.

speed-capper-1-jpg.5691

Bisleyjohn - These cap carriers look great, so great I wanted to order one. Well, I tried to, but when I followed the directions I ended up signing up to some E LIBRARY , giving my name and address and VISA card number and "continuing on to the library of books and music available during my 5 day trial. There was literally NO way I could get to any page or form where I could order the cap carrier I wanted!

The link takes you to Tripod who only sells web sites and not merchandise. Below that you will see a link to Missouri Boot & Shoe Home Page, click on that and then click on the link to their new home page or just click on this link:

http://www.missouribootandshoe.com/u-s-cap-pouches.html

Do a search and you can find serviceable and historically accurate cap boxes (pouches) for under $20. BTW these boxes were originally issued to carry only loose musket caps.

I have used a strip of leather with holes punched in it that the caps stick into...

Cut a slit on the side of the hole along the edge , so when you place the cap on the nipple the leather can be pulled away leaving the cap in place on the nipple..

I used leather about the same thickness as the cap is tall...

I’m sorry you got hi-jacked. Not me I promise. I went as far as putting a couple ‘in the cart’ but haven’t actually purchased. I decided that I would try the clear plastic tube method for both my C&B revolvers and Enfield.

Latest posts

Back