• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Carrying Case - Soft

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShootistJack

To Hunt Is To Live
Reaction score
Of course I didn't think to ask you all about carrying cases for long rifles, nor did I even do a search within the forum!
A "dim bulb" interval for sure. Anyway, I searched the internet for 60" carrying cases, as my rifle measures 56.5 inches,
end to end, and for a total cost of $26.74 (I have Amazon Prime) I came across:
https://www.amazon.com/Guide-Rail-Bag-Double-Side-Protective/dp/B08VRCT824/ref=sr_1_2?crid=HXFH2C8QLFN5&keywords=60+inch+guide+rail+case&qid=1654212237&s=hi&sprefix=60+inch+guide+rail+case,tools,99&sr=1-2&th=1
(My three pictures are attached to this post.)
There were other "Guide Rail" soft carrying cases that were more expensive, but as of now I only needed a little padding
and enough length. I'll use this soft case to bring my rifle to the floridafrontiersmen.org event that kicks off at 8:00 a.m.
this Saturday morning. They're at 1000 Fort Meade Rd., Homeland, Florida - about 1 hour and 45 minutes drive from my
home. With that I've decided to stay at an AirBnB on Friday night; it's only about 20 minutes from the shooting range.
What do you all do for soft, long, carrying cases, and what are you doing for strong, protective cases, when those are
called for, such as when air traveling? Thanks as always, for your responses!

Attachments

• S C 60 - 1.jpeg
    S C 60 - 1.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 5
  • S C 60 - 2.jpeg
    S C 60 - 2.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 0
  • S C 60 - 3.jpeg
    S C 60 - 3.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My soft cases have been trade wool blanket, canvas and brain tanned buckskin. The sharp points on the buckhorn rear rights tears up the case. May have to sew in a leather reinforcing strip to protect that part of the case. Long rifles take a much longer case and not always available in a hard case.

I have several that are all soft except one. A friend made a soft gun sleeve out of a camo blanket several years ago. It fits most all my mine but is only for the woods and car travel.

I may have poorly worded my opening post. I sure do understand that a HARD case is needed for air travel.
So, I am asking about those HARD cases also, not just the the soft cases that we can use in our trucks. And
I really appreciate all of the informative posts that you all have contributed so far, about the soft cases! The
buckskin one "beckons to me" with the most force!

Back