• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

carry case for revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's a cheap idea for carrying my cap and ball. A used computer carry case cost me $5 at Goodwill. With a few simple modifications, it holds all the stuff I need for shooting and cleaning my revolver. Holster is in the outside pouch (not in photo).
Not exactly pc/hc, so don't take it to the rondezvous, but it serves for home use. And it doesn't look like I'm carrying a gun.

Attachments

• DSC05724.JPG
    DSC05724.JPG
    612.7 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC05729.JPG
    DSC05729.JPG
    774.1 KB · Views: 0
"And it doesn't look like I'm carrying a gun."

Technically according to the feds you aren't :)

I find that toting the pistol (Lyman/Uberti 1858) in the display/presentation box it came in works well since it rests firmly in place. I'd normally toss it in my normal pistol case with my cartridge guns but it is too big and my pistol case is too small (holds a full size 9mm and two full size 22s one w/ optic and all the magazines and magloaders... if you put the guns in just the right way tetris style). Since I have a dedicated range box (tackle box) for all my BP stuff - wads, lube, balls, powder, bp specific tools, etc - to make a BP range trip a matter of grabbing the right box, the general range bag of stuff, and the right gun.

My range box is a plastic 2-tray tool box with a lower compartment about 5" deep. I cut a piece of 2" ethafoam to fit in the bottom, and cut out traced-on silhouettes of my 2 pistols. I transport the pistols nested there under a plexiglass cover that allows me to use the space for other gear and supplies. The box takes a padlock, and meets local laws for transport of arms.

Back