• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Carry a Bible - have a gun ... from the mid-1600s

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A gun hidden within a Bible was made for Francesco Morozini, Doge of Venice who lived from 1619-1694. The owner of the Bible could pull the silk bookmark to fire the gun :cool: while the book was still closed!

Pretty cool, huh?

Bible.JPG

So, I received a couple of small .25 auto pistols from my Dad which he had since the 80's. One was concealed in a hollowed out Hare Krishna "Bible" . Thinking I would make it available for home defense, I put it on our bookshelves in our front room. Fast forward a few years. My Wife retired last year and one day decided to clean out the bookshelves and take a few boxes of books to the used book store. A few months after that I'm driving to work and had a sudden "o sh*t" moment. When I got home I looked around the bookshelves and sure enough it was gone. I sure hope someone responsible found it.

Hi Flint

Very cool photo. The lock itself even represents any early "toe-lock" style miquelet, common to Northern/Central Italy during the period.

Rick

Latest posts

Back