Carry a Bible - have a gun ... from the mid-1600s

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Reaction score
A gun hidden within a Bible was made for Francesco Morozini, Doge of Venice who lived from 1619-1694. The owner of the Bible could pull the silk bookmark to fire the gun :cool: while the book was still closed!

Pretty cool, huh?

Bible.JPG

rafterob

62 Cal.
Reaction score
So, I received a couple of small .25 auto pistols from my Dad which he had since the 80's. One was concealed in a hollowed out Hare Krishna "Bible" . Thinking I would make it available for home defense, I put it on our bookshelves in our front room. Fast forward a few years. My Wife retired last year and one day decided to clean out the bookshelves and take a few boxes of books to the used book store. A few months after that I'm driving to work and had a sudden "o sh*t" moment. When I got home I looked around the bookshelves and sure enough it was gone. I sure hope someone responsible found it.

Reaction score
Hi Flint

Very cool photo. The lock itself even represents any early "toe-lock" style miquelet, common to Northern/Central Italy during the period.

Rick

Robby

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Jut hope the owner doesn't have some form of dyslexia and is holding the book up side down. Madre di Dio!
Pettirosso