• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Carpet Tube shooting ?? With strange results........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have one question. WHY?
What is the reason for this?
maybe 18th century beer cans are tuff'r
It's something different to shoot other than the usual boring paper targets. I have shot at multiple magazines, multiple milk jugs, soda cans, glass windows ( yes, cleaned the glass up ) ricochet off steel, actual tack driving into boards, into soda cans & other things I can't think of at the moment. Love to experiment with shooting different targets.

Did you refill the tubes with the cans after the first shot, and if so, from which end? The first time, 9 cans were pushed out, the second time it was 16. Yet both balls were in the same can. Was that can in the same position in the tube both times?

If you repeat this experiment, either remove the target and let the cans spill out freely, or seal the end so the cans don't move. That could be a poor man's ballistic gel test for penetration.

Yeah, I'm probably over thinking this...

Did you refill the tubes with the cans after the first shot, and if so, from which end? The first time, 9 cans were pushed out, the second time it was 16. Yet both balls were in the same can. Was that can in the same position in the tube both times?

If you repeat this experiment, either remove the target and let the cans spill out freely, or seal the end so the cans don't move. That could be a poor man's ballistic gel test for penetration.

Yeah, I'm probably over thinking this...
I stuffed the cans back in from the target side. I'm going to try this one again & be more specific next time. That was when my filming was in its infancy days & I didn't overthink these tests very well. I'm looking forward to trying this one this week. !! Thanks...

Black powder maniac, dualist 54, Bill Raby, Black powder TV, still water wood crafts, Hoffman reproduction, Townsend’s, cap and ball,Arizona Ghost riders, Primitive Technology, Wormslow, Steve Buckskinner, Brandon F, Civil war Diest and I’m sure a few I forgot, I can watch over and over

Black powder maniac, dualist 54, Bill Raby, Black powder TV, still water wood crafts, Hoffman reproduction, Townsend’s, cap and ball,Arizona Ghost riders, Primitive Technology, Wormslow, Steve Buckskinner, Brandon F, Civil war Diest and I’m sure a few I forgot, I can watch over and over
Same here. And if you're into BP revolvers, Blackie Thomas has a really great series on percussion revolvers with tons of videos.

I agree with you my friend. I spend way more time watching Youtube videos than TV. At least there you can find stuff you like.

Have you ever done a penetration test using, say 50 grains, of the three grades of powder? Should all burn up in a long barrel. You might want to swab after the 1f, though or you might need a tree to set the next ball.....

Have you ever done a penetration test using, say 50 grains, of the three grades of powder? Should all burn up in a long barrel. You might want to swab after the 1f, though or you might need a tree to set the next ball.....
Great idea......I tried something similar, haven't posted that video yet. I may try that one with 3 powders soon! Thanks for the suggestion.

Latest posts

Back