• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Carolina Gun build / canoe length

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Trying to finish a canoe length Type G / Carolina Gun for a nice guy in Tennessee . Walnut stock , handmade brass hardware , L&R Quenn Anne lock . I made the 26" barrel from an old 100 yr. old blank . .58 . I breeched it , files the flats and rings , stamped it with appropriate proof mark and LONDON stamp ...Just made and inlet the thumb plate today . Need to finish up the side plate , inlet it , make and install the nose band then start final shaping and get to sanding ...
. Should be done in a few days . 4 1/2 pds.

IMG_20230202_144356.jpg

Just a comment, doesn't mean anything one way or another. I used to do alot of hunting from a canoe with my carolina gun with a 48" barrel. I had no problems loading it while sitting in a canoe.
Oh , I know bud . I remember when that name was coined the first time , saw it in Muzzleloader I believe . I like a long Fowler in a canoe anyway . Squirrels are far away ....

Back