• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Carolina Gun build / canoe length

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I may just put a red dot scope on my next build.
See ?! Its the way of the future ! But its not going to make it an original so ... keep that in mind . I just love self absorbed mo%$#@ &%$#@& trying to tell me my business or trying to bring up irrelevant subjects up and trying to make said subject sound important . Very bored individuals with no life trying to push their stupidity and make themselves feel smart or important . And usually from someone that has never even picked up a wood chisel let alone wouldnt know the difference between a Whately or a Willets NW gun . Good gravy ...

Time for a nervous break down.
defgk8.jpg
wilkins4.jpg
w4.jpg

I’ll join the conversation , I may be a fan of robs work😬…..my bunny gun, my boys gun, and my type g, all by rob.
Looks like your Canoe gun lost it's butt in a poker game... 😆

Seriously, I love your long gun! I can't tell if your barrel is browned and rubbed down or if it is just bare steel? Any way you could post better pic of that fine gun? If it is too much trouble, don't worry about it. I have one ordered, but not 100% on what to do with the barrel finish.

Here in the UK I have always understood that the forgery of proof marks of London and Birmingham proof houses was against the law which could result in a prison sentence or a heavy fine
Feltwad
They can come and TRY to arrest me if they like
Call the cops then .... Lordy .....
Mr @Feltwad was only stating legal differences from one side of the pond to the other. Imagine some folks assume the law in their hometown applies across the entire USA, and because you are a US citizen, anywhere you may travel.

Grew up in New York, currently live in North Carolina. Applying NC firearm rules in NY would be a big mistake.

Take a gun to Canada and ignore their laws, they won’t care…. I have hunted in Africa and used firearms in Europe. Disregard their rules, no matter how silly they may seem, and you may find yourself as the star in a future episode of ‘Locked Up Abroad’. The ignorance defense may get you a stay at the local bed and breakfast gulag.

New guy here so, I've never seen your work before but, my God what a beautiful work of art!! I will definitely be contacting you at some point if you build these for anyone. (Not sure if you just do it as a time passer for friends or as a job/side job). I would love to be that talented but, unfortunately I'm not. Atleast in that field anyway.
Again, amazing work, I'm blown away by the pics so far. Please let me know what it would take to own something like that and how to figure out what would be best for what I would want it for. Simply amazing!!!
(Sorry to rant on but, as I said, I'm new to M/L forums and this just amazes me. I think I might be in trouble here. I just went from starting a new hobby of collecting old Revolutionary/cival war/ cowboy style revolvers to needing these long guns in my life as well).

MTplainsman, here are a few pictures I had on my phone.

Attachments

• D9304277-C1C5-4900-A017-F10F67673F8D.jpeg
    D9304277-C1C5-4900-A017-F10F67673F8D.jpeg
    613.5 KB · Views: 0
  • CF4DD478-0D95-4C87-8A28-B2C590C556C5.jpeg
    CF4DD478-0D95-4C87-8A28-B2C590C556C5.jpeg
    846.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 97DCAE5A-293B-499A-BC9D-ABBE4E52C9B2.jpeg
    97DCAE5A-293B-499A-BC9D-ABBE4E52C9B2.jpeg
    675.5 KB · Views: 0
  • F90A1E1A-5D6E-42FF-AB24-4EC8DD198C45.jpeg
    F90A1E1A-5D6E-42FF-AB24-4EC8DD198C45.jpeg
    841.5 KB · Views: 0
New guy here so, I've never seen your work before but, my God what a beautiful work of art!! I will definitely be contacting you at some point if you build these for anyone. (Not sure if you just do it as a time passer for friends or as a job/side job). I would love to be that talented but, unfortunately I'm not. Atleast in that field anyway.
Again, amazing work, I'm blown away by the pics so far. Please let me know what it would take to own something like that and how to figure out what would be best for what I would want it for. Simply amazing!!!
(Sorry to rant on but, as I said, I'm new to M/L forums and this just amazes me. I think I might be in trouble here. I just went from starting a new hobby of collecting old Revolutionary/cival war/ cowboy style revolvers to needing these long guns in my life as well).
Oh your fine bud , and thank you . I just love trade guns and I am glad and a bit surprised that others do too nowadays ! It seemed " back in the day " you could hardly give them away hence my affection for me saying " Just a damn ole trade gun " every once in awhile , LOL ! I . love trade guns for a few reasons .... I first started out with their history , its amazing and covers such a span of time , then when I made my first one in the mid 90s I found how versatile for hunting they are for getting game , and light and handy and they fit into pretty much any time line of reenacting . I'm still crazy about them . Sure ! If you ever want me to build you one just give me a holler . I build every day :). 740-343-3703 . Back in the 18th and 19th century the trade guns were the equivalent of what the single shot shotgun is now . Inexpensive but well made , versatile and reliable , just nothing fancy ....

Last edited:
They can come and TRY to arrest me if they like
Funny…🤣😉👍 I don’t think anyone would be defrauded into thinking it was an original, nor that anyone would try. Not that you work wouldn’t be good, not at all, just that it’s almost impossible to accurately create age wear.
Please post pictures when you finish, including the proof marks. I think those marks helps our “boy’s imagination!

Latest posts

Back