• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Carnavore Phil, a new and humble member on your Forum

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. I am new to muzzleloaders, but not new to black powder pistols. I have two muzzleloaders. One is a Jaeger that I have never fired as I have been told it is slug gun which needs molds made, etc. I need more infor on this one. The other is a Hawken percussion cap model in 50 calibrer. I am so pleased to have found this Forum to discuss this honorable and historic weaponry.

Another Welcome from Texas!
I remember buying balsa wood gliders in the plastic bag, that you slid the wings into slots in the body.
If you had the extra coin, you could buy the propeller model, with the rubber band motor.
Anyway, the plane was stamped with "Bend, Oregon", and I always wondered about the town.
Again, Welcome. Share your stories and photos. We are a friendly group.

Another Welcome from Texas!
I remember buying balsa wood gliders in the plastic bag, that you slid the wings into slots in the body.
If you had the extra coin, you could buy the propeller model, with the rubber band motor.
Anyway, the plane was stamped with "Bend, Oregon", and I always wondered about the town.
Again, Welcome. Share your stories and photos. We are a friendly group.
Bend in the day was a mill town. We sit on the eastern side of the Cascade Mountain range. I also purchasded those gliders, but never knew they were made here. We are no longer a mill town as it has turned into a destination location for outdoor sports. There is the Deschutes River that flows through town with Mt. Bachelor close by for those who ski. The mountains provide excellent hunting for Elk, Deer and Bear. We have grown too much is the last twenty years having a population over 150K. There really isn't any real industry here. However, there are micro breweries that have made a name forethemselves. Boardering the city are many ranches as this is horse country. Alfalfa and hay are still grown as we do have a source of quality water. There are two good rifle and pistol ranges close by but BLM land and National forest land provides large areas to hunt all forms of game and foul. On another note, I am a Niner fan...with a lot of respect for the cowboys. It is going to be interesting playing the Eagles this Sunday.

Back