• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Carl Giordano, Tinsmith

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtErv

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I ordered a kidney shaped tin canteen and an oiler from Mr. Giordano and it is exceptional. He spoke with me on the phone about dos and donts with lining the canteen with beeswax, a how-to, and was quite friendly.

I got the canteen in a few days, well packed, and am very impressed. It came with an info sheet about caring and storing tinware.

First rate. Cool website, too.

I was able to handle and inspect quite a bit of his tinware in his booth at a local trade fair, and it seemed very well done. Shortly after that I ordered a significant piece online as a gift, and was given a delivery date of about 6 weeks, well within my window. It never came, sooner or later. Tried to work out the problem to no avail, so I had to cancel after a few months.

Even the best of tinware does you little good if it never shows up.

Spence

I'm glad they had the items on hand and you have enjoyed them.

A few years ago I ordered a small oiler, a couple of oil cans and a couple other small items. Most of those items were not in stock and it took a few months to get them. When I did get them, I was very pleased overall. I would have preferred the small oiler (linked below) was a bit smaller in diameter so I could have put it in my Cartridge Box holes, BUT I did not mention I wanted to be able to do that - so I can not and do not fault them for it. I just drilled out one hole larger in my cartridge block for it to fit. http://www.cg-tinsmith.com/images/Photos/oilers2001.JPG

Gus

Last edited by a moderator:
SgtErv said:
That's the one I got. Should've gotten two, actually!

A few years after I got mine, I found similar oilers from other makers that were advertised as being small enough to fit in the cartridge block holes for .69 cal. French Musket repros. The one I got from Carl was a bit too large for 3/4" holes drilled in my cartridge block for a Bess. I have no idea if Carl's recent ones will or will not fit 3/4" holes.

Gus

Oh, FWIW, I did not leave that oil bottle in my Cartridge Block for normal usage. Didn't want oil to soak into one of the block holes and possibly harm blank cartridges. I normally only put it in my block for demonstrations.

Gus

Carl's work is top-notch! I have his fife case, oiler, wash basin and tin kettle (see pic). Some of the best in quality and authenticity.

56ba9e2f-bd41-4bfa-bc93-75304ca13503_zpscmuepanl.jpg

Latest posts

Back