• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Captain Kirk collects BP pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trent/OH

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I was watching the first few minutes of The Wrath of Khan this evening, and in Kirk's home in the movie, he had 6 single shot BP pistols on display on a wall, along with two powder flasks. I couldn't make out any detail, but I saw at least one each percussion and flintlock. Two or three look like Kentucky pistols.

He was a history buff. In the original episodes he makes a special study of Abe Lincoln, makes gunpowder and a hand cannon, plays with flintlock, decides to buy a 1920s car. Later in the movies he wears antique glasses as he is allergic to the medicine used to fix his eye condition. He is also a fan of historic literature.
In a couple of the books he shoots muzzeloaders and a Thomson sub machine gun. And fills his study with ship models.

Well he did kill a Gorn by making BP and a makeshift handgonne in one episode.

Wounded the Gorn, he let him live, so proved to the other Alians humans weren’t blood thirsty killers.... they were hopeful in the 60s:)

Had he had a Kentucky pistol he would have had Gorn steaks for supper, for sure.

I remember reading somewhere that William Shatner did some damage to his hearing during that Gorn episode. Shooting his homemade cannon without ear protection.

In Star Trek "Next Generation" with Capt. Picard, during Season 2's "Hide And Q", the beast-soldiers created by Q
appear to be armed with 1766 Charleville .69 Muskets that fire explosive energy bolts instead of lead balls.
The weapons are also fitted with bayonets, which are seen used by Enterprise away team when the soldiers overwhelm them.

500px-Charlie.jpg

550px-Tngmusket01.jpg

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation#Charleville_Musket

There was another episode of the original Star Trek where Kirk and Spock visit a primitive culture that are just developing firearms technology and have flintlocks.
Don't remember the name of the episode though. Might be the one where Kirk gets bitten by the big white ape thing.

There was another episode of the original Star Trek where Kirk and Spock visit a primitive culture that are just developing firearms technology and have flintlocks.
Don't remember the name of the episode though. Might be the one where Kirk gets bitten by the big white ape thing.

"A Private Little War" Bitten by the Mugatu.

Interesting I was just thinking about this yesterday. I thought that episode was Kirk introducing flintlocks to one side of the warring groups to give them an advantage contrary to the prime directive. Yet, maybe he was trying to bring earth in a parallel universe up to speed with this earth, OR maybe he had gone back into our history correcting an error in our development so we wouldn't be behind the way we are supposed to be today. Maybe some of us now one some of the very flintlocks that Kirk had the Enterprise replicator make for them?

Interesting I was just thinking about this yesterday. I thought that episode was Kirk introducing flintlocks to one side of the warring groups to give them an advantage contrary to the prime directive. Yet, maybe he was trying to bring earth in a parallel universe up to speed with this earth, OR maybe he had gone back into our history correcting an error in our development so we wouldn't be behind the way we are supposed to be today. Maybe some of us now one some of the very flintlocks that Kirk had the Enterprise replicator make for them?

The Klingons were trying to secretly advance the village people technology by supplying them with flintlocks. The villagers then became aggressive towards the peaceful hill people.

Reluctantly Kirk believes that a balance of power is the only solution and arms the hill people with flintlocks as well, Kirk called the flintlocks Serpents for the Garden of Eden.

In "Star Trek Voyager" with Capt. Janeway, they had one episode that included Colt 1860 Army revolvers and another episode with a flintlock pistol.

The Colt 1860 episode again involved Q but in a civil war context:--->>> http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Voyager#Colt_1860_Army

The Tower Sea Service flintlock pistol that was used was on display on the wall of the Captain's ready room in an episode that involved acting out a "holo novel":--->>> http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Voyager#Flintock_Pistol

400px-TowerSeaServicePistol.jpg

Last edited:
I think there was an episode with the Borg that involved a muzzle loading pistol. Or I might just be dreaming.

Back