• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And if the postal inspector finds them, who takes the hit? There are a number of sellers on gunbroker and eBay that apparently don’t intend to follow the rules. And while I’m sure nothing will happen during shipping, what if? What if some poor sod drops a package and a thousand caps go off? I don’t believe I want my name on it the package... anywhere...

I find this particularly annoying. Many smaller online sellers are actually shipping no-no's (including caps, powder and live ammo) via flat rate USPS with no concerns whatsoever. Many seem to see it as open defiance and those who actually respond to questions about cheep (or free shipping) get nasty fast.

I find this particularly annoying. Many smaller online sellers are actually shipping no-no's (including caps, powder and live ammo) via flat rate USPS with no concerns whatsoever. Many seem to see it as open defiance and those who actually respond to questions about cheep (or free shipping) get nasty fast.
This... the worst of this would be if someone gets hurt. You and I know that the caps or primers are really very safe but if God forbid something goes wrong we will all pay the price.

I just picked up 250 RWS #11 1075s not the Nobel Dynamit. If they fire as well and are less hard on my left wrist from ripping themselves to shreds, I’ll switch. I don’t want to buy in bulk until I am settled on what I want. If I just buy one tin (which I did) it’s 28¢ a shot just the cap. About half of this is the hazmat fee.

Just bought 1000 (4 tins of 250) #11magnums from buffalo arms yesterday at a very high price but at least I have some, won't do it again........unless I run out.

Ok, received my shipment of RWS caps. Ordered 14 tins of 1075's and got 9 of them and 5 RWS #55's. The 55 fits the nipple of my Frontier rifle, but they are slightly longer than the #11's. Does that mean they will misfire due to not seating properly? I suspect the shop I got them from did not have the 14 total of the 1075's and substituted the others to fill the order. Came across Canada so not likely shipping them back...however if they would work I'll use them. Comments?

There is a message here for muzzleloader shooters, stock up before the panic or pay outrageous scalper prices for caps. We went through this very same thing several years ago.

During the last panic i got caught short but quickly discovered an OK firearms dealer with a huge huge stock of CCI and Remington caps at $2.99/100. i put other muzzleloader folks onto that dealer and he sold his entire stock.

This morning i checked my supply: i have more than enough caps to support my remaining years on the green side of the dirt.

Last edited:
What about making our own? I saw a cap making tool on the Midway web site (tap-o-cap). Can't get one since they are discontinued but an innovative chap could come up with one and use Prime All. No hazmat fees for Prime Sll

What about making our own? I saw a cap making tool on the Midway web site (tap-o-cap). Can't get one since they are discontinued but an innovative chap could come up with one and use Prime All. No hazmat fees for Prime Sll
Look in the Shooting Accessories section of the forum.

Back