• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been debating with myself about the wisdom of asking this question, because I expect it boils down to political and social fear. but curiosity has urged me on…

Why are people experiencing shortages? Why don’t vendors simply limit the amount a customer may buy? That way there will always be enough for everyone.

I don’t live in the United State so my perspective is “foreign”

I’ve been debating with myself about the wisdom of asking this question, because I expect it boils down to political and social fear. but curiosity has urged me on…

Why are people experiencing shortages? Why don’t vendors simply limit the amount a customer may buy? That way there will always be enough for everyone.

Probably, because venders are as greedy as everybody else.

It is easier for a company to ship 1,000 in an order versus to ship ten orders of 100.

Bought a stock of flints ... good ol Englisher flints. Gonna ride this cap thing out. NOT gonna pay the scalpers !!!

My revolver shooting will wait. Shooting them is great fun and a passion BUT the very thing I love about black powder muzzleloaders is the independence they give me. I cast my own, can make my powder and flints are easy to get. My independence is salvaged and maybe it is time to build that flintlock pistol. Maybe this has brought me to another passion with the singleshot pistol. Can only eat 1 rabbit at a time anyway!

I was in a Scheels store in Johnstown ,Co Wednesday and they had a wall full of #11 CCI reg and magnum caps
i've been looking for cci percussion caps #11 and there is none,,,too far to drive to get 1000 caps,,,

You just have to bite the bullet and call around. Gun shops
and hardware stores. Now, when you find some BUY some.
Don't hoard. Remington,says they are back in production.
We will see, but for me Remington #10 are the best on
repro BPs

Guys, for those that haven’t thought of it, You can just make #11 caps yourself. The tool is only 50.00 bucks to pay once. Aluminum cans are free. Primer powder for 2000 caps is 20.00 or just use German roll caps. I will never buy caps again. My homemade ones work great and can be reused over again because mine are brass. I’m not trying to sell them on here. Just saying that anyone can do it cheap and easy. Just need lots of free time and patience. but it is doable.

CFCED249-3028-429D-AB6F-71F510690562.jpeg

Back