• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So at the moment, my local shop only had CCI 11’s. I understand Remington #10’s seem to be the most ideal for many Uberti revolvers, but I had seen that CCI #10 were in stock online on one site. Now looking at this chart, the difference between CCI #11 and #10 is not a whole lot, whereas CCI vs. Remington is a noticeable difference. Not having any experience with trying different caps yet, is it worth the hazmat fee to order the CCI #10’s online? Or just work with the #11’s for now

Attachments

• F55EBC43-2972-464D-B4E0-8674CF8F4FBE.png
    F55EBC43-2972-464D-B4E0-8674CF8F4FBE.png
    578 KB · Views: 90
Hello Lippy, lets see if I can answer some questions you have. CCI# 10's, while I have not used them, some of the members here have said they are to small and don't work. I don't remember if they were posting about oem or aftermarket nipples. CCI# 11, again I have not used them but several member's here have posted that they are to big and need to be pinch to fit. I won't do this myself as I believe that could run the risk of a chain fire. I do use CCI# 11 magnum caps on my rifles where they perform well. I tried them on my revolvers, with aftermarket nipples, and very often they required two strikes of the hammer to set the cap off. Remington# 10, this is the one that work's the best for my revolvers but like you said their just about impossible right now to find. RWS# 1075 plus, I just received a shipment of these from midwayusa.com but have not yet tried them. I have read on the various forums that they fit very well on Ampco and Track of the Wolf nipples but are a tight fit with Slix-Shot nipples, with one member who posted, said they won't fit at all. Most folks here have posted that RWS and Uberti nipples were made for each other. Hopefully some other members here will post about their use and the additional information will help you in making a decision.

Hello Lippy, lets see if I can answer some questions you have. CCI# 10's, while I have not used them, some of the members here have said they are to small and don't work. I don't remember if they were posting about oem or aftermarket nipples. CCI# 11, again I have not used them but several member's here have posted that they are to big and need to be pinch to fit. I won't do this myself as I believe that could run the risk of a chain fire. I do use CCI# 11 magnum caps on my rifles where they perform well. I tried them on my revolvers, with aftermarket nipples, and very often they required two strikes of the hammer to set the cap off. Remington# 10, this is the one that work's the best for my revolvers but like you said their just about impossible right now to find. RWS# 1075 plus, I just received a shipment of these from midwayusa.com but have not yet tried them. I have read on the various forums that they fit very well on Ampco and Track of the Wolf nipples but are a tight fit with Slix-Shot nipples, with one member who posted, said they won't fit at all. Most folks here have posted that RWS and Uberti nipples were made for each other. Hopefully some other members here will post about their use and the additional information will help you in making a decision.
Thank you. I’m trying to gather everything I need when I can so when I actually have the gun, I’m all ready to go. I just have to be patient and grab what’s available when it is. Thanks

Lippy, my revolvers are fitted with Slixshot nipples and CCI#11 caps work with only a few second strikes. That may be because they are fitted with a lighter weight main spring. The Remington #11 is the same as the #10 but with a shorter skirt.
I have had no success with RWS 1075 so far but eventually I will break the code because I have a couple of K of them. My observation is they require a vert heavy main spring to prevent second strikes.
Even OEM nipples are too small for CCI#10 and I have not broken the code for nipple size to use with them. If a method is found I will post it. My test bed is a Pietta 1851 Navy .44 caliber snub nose set up with Freight Liner weight main spring.
Best Regards
Bunk

Back