• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Caps For Sale?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said there not being hoarded, things are drying up. Sure some folks have prepared for the ultimate end goal of nothing, or very limited things, and it is a foolish thing to believe our muzzleloaders are safe, every thing is up for grabs. What are you going to do when you need supplies say a tin of caps, you find them near you maybe (no mail order) and the guy at the shop tells you first I need to see if your licensed to purchase them, second you have to fill out the proper forms stating why you want them third what gun you going to shoot them with and last is that gun on the national registry and then you wait till hell freezes over so the people who will control such things decides whether or not to allow you to buy them. Get them get them now and keep quiet about it. It is going to get real bad.

No matter. I've been given a source to buy all the black powder and caps I want. At my age I don't need to stock much to last me what days I have left.

I have little fear than my gun will be taken from me. Lead balls are easy to make. An old fart hunting with a Hawken is no threat to anybody. Just leave me be and get off my lawn.

I am new to blackpowder and was totally shocked that the shortages had reached even this. My main goal is to keep shooting and having enough for weekly range time.

I can’t understand how a firearm “runs” a certain kind of cap. Kinda like “winning “ an auction. All you won was a chance to pay more for it than everyone else.

After removing over 20 posts from this thread, I guess I have to say, for those who forgot the forum rules, this is what they say about politics:

17: We do not discuss Politics outside the Politics forum.

This includes talking about proposed laws and who's to blame for the laws we have.

I will allow discussions about existing laws and how they effect muzzleloading to help members understand what they require but talking about whether those laws are just or unjust can quickly get us back into talking politics so be careful what you say and don't be surprised if your post is removed.

For those who have never read the forum rules, here is a link to them

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/forum-rules.108881/

I live in a small town. No shops here. The closes gun shop is in Salida and they're sold out of all primers, caps and powder.

Sportsman is store pickup only but none are close anyway. I've got a Jeep with big mud tires and try not to drive on highways. It eats up the tires and they're not cheap to buy. So, I buy everything online. Normally, that's not a problem but covid has changed everything.

Thanks guys.

If you have any shooting buddies nearby, get together and make a road trip out of it.

I would say that we all have a little/ lot of hoarding in us? it is the nature of the beast.

I moved on powder two years ago when it was short and then recovered. Scrounged up lead till I had a lifetime supply. Then I made a move for caps last year. All set.
This year I'm gathering up a lifetime supply of flints cause we don't grow them up here. One or two dozen at a time. And I have a few touch hole liners and nipples new in the parts box. Don't think I will have any concerns beyond that....................but I may stow away a few barrels and plugs, just in case.
I think I'm set.:rolleyes:

I moved on powder two years ago when it was short and then recovered. Scrounged up lead till I had a lifetime supply. Then I made a move for caps last year. All set.
This year I'm gathering up a lifetime supply of flints cause we don't grow them up here. One or two dozen at a time. And I have a few touch hole liners and nipples new in the parts box. Don't think I will have any concerns beyond that....................but I may stow away a few barrels and plugs, just in case.
I think I'm set.:rolleyes:
I clicked on your location tag. And...
"Google Maps can't find The horned toad says we should go to Mexico."

Back