• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

capper

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crs1945

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey folks, does anyone know what type of capper can be used on a Ruger old army pistol? Tried to use my regular capper and found out that it does not fit (too large to fit into the loading gate area ). Had the place the caps on by hand, very awkward.Thanks

Muzzie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

My brother uses a straight line capper for his Ruger Old Army, it seems to work fine for him...
7025.jpg

We did take a file to it and round the edges of the end a tad...
See image of the altered capper below...
capper.jpg

I've had no problems useing a CVA stright line capper on the Old Army,it seems to be a bit narrower at the tip then the others (not as rugged)but with TLC will last a long time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I bought one of these,
p006419sq01.jpg
and it works just fine on the m1860. I see no reason why it wouldnt' work for about any cap and ball. Track's site/catolog lists several cappers and the guns they are used on.

I use a straight line capper holding #10 caps for the revolver. When I am done with the revolver, I push those caps out, and fill it with #11 caps for my Knight Wolverine. On my sidelocks I have a nice brass Ted Cash capper which I have carried for too many years. The spring is worn so much that when you push the lever for a cap many times it will spit them on the ground. I always was going to get a new one, but for some reason I hold on to that old one and just drop the cap in my hand instead and then cap my sidelock. ::

You can buy 2 sizes of caps for rifles? I haven't seen that for 20 years up here.
Daryl

I use one style capper for my CVA shotgun which likes #10caps and another style for my ROA, my LymanGPR, and my Lyman Plains Pistol that all like #11.

Latest posts

Back