• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Capper

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to stay "old school", so I use a piece of leather about 1/8" thick shaped like a bell with holes punched along the edge for the caps.

I use the good old Tedd Cash capper
1620666671658.png

Rifleman's Capper, fancy cap magazine, brass, by Tedd Cash - Track of the Wolf

The Ted Cash Oval Rifleman's Capper is a great capper for rifles with an easy to access nipple. Really great for use at the range. It holds 80 caps and after you dump half a tin of caps in the capper, a few shakes will turn the caps properly for loading.

I use two different kinds the Ted Cash oval for on the range and a straight inline for hunting when I won't be using many caps.

Attachments

• s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 31
I use a simple leather capper made by punching 3/16 holes in a strip of leather, cutting into the hole from one edge, I enclose this strip in a "sandwich' of two leather strips. Simple , easy to make, and offers some degree of water proofing.

I use two different kinds the Ted Cash oval for on the range and a straight inline for hunting when I won't be using many caps.
I have this inline capper and it's ok, but I do have an issue with the cap behind the one being placed holding the spring away and causing me to drop the one I am trying to put on the nipple. I can avoid this by pushing on the spring until the second in line falls back, but I will probably get something that works better at some point.

I use the brass one that looks like a curved tear drop or half of a Yin Yang symbol. It works very well and is easy to fill up with caps.

Mknight702:
Thank you...Very ingenious, but I'm not sure how crazy I am about 3D print technology and plastic in general during the1700's? I certainly NO purist, BUT... it just goes against the grain, sorry.
Thanks for the link, it worked fine.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Easiest solution to the age old quandary about which capper is best to use, just pitch them all into the lake and shoot a flintlock, once you go flint, you'll never go back.

I sure did. A flintlock was a pain to hunt with.

Plus, lucky for me. No half stock Hawken flintlocks were made.

I never have to knap a cap.

Latest posts

Back