• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Capper that works

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just some info about ‘Polish Capper” Just rec’ed today in mail. I can say after initial test I am happy. This capper fits every percussion revolver I own 51, 58, 60, Walker, Dragoon, LeMat. Does not work on my pocket guns but no great surprise. I’m glad to have only one capper that does it all vice several cappers (inline and snail of ALL makes) I have filed, ground and reshaped various cappers to fit a specific gun and even then it was iffy. Things I like are: solid milled brass construction not brass sheeting. Has grooves in cap storage area to ‘shake n turn’ to align caps upright. Caps stay in loading mouth and do not drop out like every other capper I have. I tried banging capper downward on edge of table to try and dislodge cap but it stays in mouth until you put it on the nipple. Capper installs and seats cap on nipple and don’t have to go back and seat with stick etc. This is because you pull capper off by pulling straight back vice pulling off to side like every other capper available.

My only neutral comment is capper has engraved logo on one side. That may grate on some folks. Would be nice to have custom logo if desired. I know I would like if not overly expensive but the logo currently on it is done quite nice and not an eye sore.

Anyway, I am not a shill or associated with these folks. I paid my 53 bucks. Just wanted to give an honest data point for people like me who are looking for a capper that works. Jerry

Attachments

• capper.jpg
    capper.jpg
    605.8 KB · Views: 3
BigAl. I understand. I was just putting use experience. I may melt it down for the brass when at range but seems to function OK at my bench. One thing I did not mention is when capping the nipple is covered or blind to my eye. I did have to position gun so as to actually see the cap to nipple interface to properly install. That really helps and I was cautious to not break the 170, especially with my head. I once read " a 44 to the head is not one of those better days"

BigAl. I understand. I was just putting use experience. I may melt it down for the brass when at range but seems to function OK at my bench. One thing I did not mention is when capping the nipple is covered or blind to my eye. I did have to position gun so as to actually see the cap to nipple interface to properly install. That really helps and I was cautious to not break the 170, especially with my head. I once read " a 44 to the head is not one of those better days"
Hope you don't think I was being critical of your review as I didn't intend it that way if that's the way I came across. If it works for you it's a good thing. Mike had issues trying to get the cap to stay on the nipple while pulling the capper off. Maybe he was missing something also.

Did not think that at all. And "pulling the cap off" I found if you relieve the spring pressure on the capper loader just a bit, the capper comes right off and cap is seated. That is after pushing cap down on the nipple. Good lord, I'm starting to sound like Auto Warranty tele marketer. LOL And I really don't have any agenda other than adding my 2 cents. Your Friend Jerry

Did not think that at all. And "pulling the cap off" I found if you relieve the spring pressure on the capper loader just a bit, the capper comes right off and cap is seated. That is after pushing cap down on the nipple. Good lord, I'm starting to sound like Auto Warranty tele marketer. LOL And I really don't have any agenda other than adding my 2 cents. Your Friend Jerry
Adding your 2 cents is how we all learn. It’s all good.

So sliding the spring towards you while pulling off the capper it works every time. All the Texans where Im at all look the same. White hair pot bellys and walking around with a drink in there hand. Life is good

Life be good. White hair good. Pot belly working on it. Rather have gun in hand than drink in hand. For me can't be both so I choose the gun. Yep I'm one of those but my parents from 'dust bowl' Texas (1937) so I guess all is well. LOL

Back