• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Capper for RWS caps?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy folks. I'm curious if any of you have some experience using a capper with RWS 1075s. That's what I've got and it doesn't look likely I'll find anything else anytime soon. Much as I love shooting my Colt repros, capping by finger gets to be tedious, and I've tried two cappers now and had no luck with these caps.

The first I tried was one of those tear drop shaped ones, and to its credit, whatever site I ordered it from mentioned that it may not work well with this brand of caps (but for ten bucks, figured it was worth a shot). I've also got one of those cheap straight cappers. Not sure if it doesn't like the RWS caps or if it's just a janky piece of junk, but one attempt at that was enough to convince me it was useless to me.

So I'm wondering what you guys use. I've heard good things about those Polish Cappers, but I'm not sure the convenience justifies the price for me. What are my options here?

Howdy folks. I'm curious if any of you have some experience using a capper with RWS 1075s. That's what I've got and it doesn't look likely I'll find anything else anytime soon. Much as I love shooting my Colt repros, capping by finger gets to be tedious, and I've tried two cappers now and had no luck with these caps.

The first I tried was one of those tear drop shaped ones, and to its credit, whatever site I ordered it from mentioned that it may not work well with this brand of caps (but for ten bucks, figured it was worth a shot). I've also got one of those cheap straight cappers. Not sure if it doesn't like the RWS caps or if it's just a janky piece of junk, but one attempt at that was enough to convince me it was useless to me.

So I'm wondering what you guys use. I've heard good things about those Polish Cappers, but I'm not sure the convenience justifies the price for me. What are my options here?
Used the Ted Cash tear drop capper for many years but like the Polish capper better for revolvers. Polish is my primary capper since early 2019...All other cappers needed tuning to work well...c

+1 on the Polish capper. It is worth the price to me, works on my rifles & revolvers, and is of high quality construction.

I had a smidgen of trouble getting my payment to process, but their customer service was absolutely stellar! Personal contact (email), multiple messages & feedback, rep was dedicated to getting the order through. They put a lot of effort into a $50 sale.

I'm in the Polish Capper family. I have sausages for fingers, so I'd be lost without mine. I know Mike Bellevue kind of poo-poo'd it in his video, which is unfortunate. I've never heard of anyone else that has had problems using one. And it will digest any brand of cap I care to load it with.

Like windini said, the people at Polish Capper put a lot of effort into a $50 sale. They go above and beyond. It's well worth the money.

Well, I dug out my teardrop capper to give it another whirl (turns out it was a Ted Cash). I can't say for sure what issue I was having with it before, maybe I was just struggling to get the caps to come off firmly on the nipple, but I can say for sure that I seem to have figured out how to make it work for me. So well, in fact, that I could only get one of the caps back off. Must be a sign that it's time to take the Navy out for some shooting.

Regarding the Polish Capper - now that I've got the Ted Cash capper to work for me, I'll probably hold off on it for a bit, but it's good to know that you all have had good experiences both with the product and with their customer service. I'll have to try it out eventually. Much as I enjoy Mike's content, it wouldn't be the first time he's had a different experience with something than I have, so as long as it's generally a well-liked capper I'm not opposed to giving it a shot (or six).

I've been using RWS1075's for years, this Ted Cash capper available from many suppliers have worked just fine.
https://www.tdcmfg.com/product-page/universal-capperThe Riflemans capper doesn't do pistols well. and you right "in-line cappers,, while they do work are kind of a PITA
I don't know what gun you will be using the Tedd Cash capper on, but it may take some tweaking. I have two of them (one got lost, replaced and found) and both needed a bit of careful filing to work on my open top Colt revolvers both Uberti and Pietta. I like them and they both work with CCI#11, Remington #10 and RWS 1975.
It will not work on Remington the cap well is too small.

my system to avoid the Remington tiny cap wells is to only shoot Colt type open top guns.
But that is just the way I am,
Bunk

Well, nothing against Remington-pattern revolvers, I have a '75 clone that I've enjoyed. But I like your style. I'm up to three open tops now and I have no intention of slowing down. :thumb:

My 1941 capper, thumb and forefinger has served well for thousands of rounds on multiple revolvers over the years. The tedious part is picking them up from the bench top. 😁

But then all my shooting is done with a waist high counter in front of me.

I find the plastic star cappers to be good for my revolvers and a couple of other percussion firearms that have a deep recess for the nipple. Otherwise, I prefer the Ted Cash oval capper. With the Ted Cash capper, it is so easy to just dump some caps in the body and shake the capper to align the caps.

I like the TedCash snail or oval “rifleman’s“ capper for rifles and Colts with 1075s.
At first I was disappointed in the Polish capper because of price and the fact you can’t pull them off sideways like the TD ones with spring “jaws”, But it’s the best one for the Remmy, I just have to lift it back off instead of trying to pull it sideways as is my habit.
I’m going to make a poor man’s capper out of 2 leather rounds…(one circle with snug holes punched near the edge, other circle glued onto first) should work well on pistols.

I have two cappers a Ted Cash Snail and an in-line capper but I really wish that some one would make a capper like the Snail that would work on a Rem 58 with the ability of a long nose of an in line and the capacity of a Snail. But wish in one hand and you know the rest…

My favorite capper now is those 3D printed "stars". If I file the width down a tiny bit, it fits a Remington no problem.

Back