• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Capper anyone ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any one here carry them in the U.S.?

My Firewall said no.

AFAIK; nobody carries them in the US. Don’t be worried about ordering them from the website.

They ship them out right away. I’ve ordered a half dozen at different times and they all got here okay.

There was only one that took a while to get here, The post office had more information than I did and showed me on their computer screen that the hold up was with customs.

Don’t let that keep you from ordering one as you won’t regret it.

I ordered a Polish capper last week. The fact you can firmly seat the cap with one is just incredible. I normally seat by hand on my revolvers and use a dowel to make sure theyre all the way down. This will save me a lot of time capping if the reports are to be believed.

Here are the cappers I use, both work fine and hold I'm guessing 80 - 100 #11 caps each. Load once and shoot a long time before having to reload. I hang them on outside of bag when shooting, store them inside when not shooting.View attachment 38906

Decided to clean up the old Ted Cash capper. What a difference, it looks new!
DSC00736.JPG

Jonathan,
I've not seen anything like your round capper before but it's operation seems clear.
I like it's appearance. It doesn't seem to hold as many caps as the more common round cappers but looks lika a positive feed. Thanks for the clear pictures.

I use home made leather cappers, Small ones on a necklass for hunting, longer ones for target shooting. They are just a straight strip with 3/16 holes punched into them with a knife slit out one side. Then two solid leather strips holding the punched strip in a "sandwich". Easy to make and easy to use.
Hey Ohio, got any pics of your leather cappers? Looking for ideas!

Here's a picture of my cappers.

View attachment 38924
The inline capper on the left is a pain to load, but will cap a Colt revolver and is close to working on a Remington.

The leather capper holds about 12 caps and is easy to use on most rifles. The large bead adds weight and keeps the capper located around my neck.

You can see a few caps in the Ted Cash Oval capper. The lever releases one cap at a time and the spring holds the cap for insertion on the nipple.

The nose on the snail capper can be a bit too large for some revolvers.
Can you post a better pic of the leather capper?

I fish them out of the tin at the range and use a homemade one I made of leather for hunting. Sometimes it is just too damned cold to use the fingers in WY or MT during rabbit and deer season.

Use inline cappers. The ones that don’t work well or allow caps to flip are ‘given’ away or tossed. Have quite a few that are very dependable. Have learned to always carry more than one when using a percussion gun.

Here is my very simple capper. I use it for hunting (you're in real trouble if you need more then 10 shots) and when I go to the range. this one is at least 35 to 40 years old and still working. I also included a picture of the rifle it is hanging on.
View attachment 39038
View attachment 39039
Here is my very simple capper. I use it for hunting (you're in real trouble if you need more then 10 shots) and when I go to the range. this one is at least 35 to 40 years old and still working. I also included a picture of the rifle it is hanging on.
View attachment 39038
View attachment 39039
That’s exactly what Im gonna do! Thanks.

IMHO the difference of $20 for a Ted Cash and $50 for the polish one means BUY AMERICAN.

Normally I would agree with you. However, I have both cappers and the Polish version is much superior to the Ted Cash capper and worth every penny.

Who here uses a capper as an accessory to your Hawken or other percussion long gun ? If not a capper what do you use to organize your percussion caps in your hunting pouch or hunting bag ?
I have an original 1861 Bridesberg .58 that uses the large musket caps. I haven't seen a capper for it yet. I have a bunch of the smaller inline cappers. Every time I order one I'm told this is the right capper and it's always too small.
Some day I'm gonna buy a gun just to use one of those cappers!

Back