• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Caplock Lyman GPR .54 cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've had this GPR for many years but can't remember ever firing it so it's possible that it is unfired. I can't see any trace of soot or burning
IMG_4505.JPG
IMG_4503.JPG
IMG_4504.JPG
IMG_4487.JPG
IMG_4483.JPG
IMG_4485.JPG
on the stock close to the nipple and the face of the breech plug is clean. The rifling shows no trace at all of being fired and the bore is pristine. I'm downsizing my long guns for health reasons as I can't hold them steady at all. And with a broken neck and crushed spine bench work is out of the question according to my surgeon. I was hopeful after 5 surgeries that I'd be able to at least be use them on an occasional basis but I guess that the Lord has different plans for me now.

The barrel is a round ball twist which if memory serves is 1 in 66 inches. Being an older GPR I believe that the workmanship is better than most of the new ones that I've seen in the recent past. A few coats of Tru Oil on the stock and it would really pop. I'm asking $525 shipped double boxed in the lower 48 including insurance but would consider a target model 1858 blued or stainless Remington .44 as a partial trade plus cash to me. If you need more pictures please let me know. God Bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back