• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

"Capandball" cartridge formers and replica cartridge boxes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMA65

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I ordered a package deal of two cartridge formers from capandball of YouTube fame. He had a deal on a .36 cal and a .44 cal former for $38. Additionally I ordered one replica cartridge box for each caliber for $19. I placed the orders two days apart, and paid shipping of $12 on each order. Last week I got a refund to my credit card in the amount of $11. That spoke to me of integrity of his part. Today the four items were delivered in one envelope. To say that I am pleased is an understatement. I have 200 Eras Gone .36 cal. Johnson and Dow conicals. Over the weekend I nitrated brown coffee filters. I'm ready for some fun. But then I got to thinking......I don't even own a .44 cal cap and ball revolver!
But I will; real soon. Pietta or Uberti? Who knows?
Signed,
Sly as a fox ;-)

I got a .36 cal former from C&B but haven't used it yet.

There is another guy who makes sets out of aluminum. They are more costly, but when you figure overseas shipping etc. the difference isn't that bad. He has a pretty extensive lineup for different calibers, round ball & conicals, and so on. His Facebook page is:
https://www.facebook.com/mesawindsbpa/

After a bunch of 'speramentin, I bought myself a MT1 reamer to make my own formers. I understand that reamer was what the guy who made and sold the first formers used.

Latest posts

Back