• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cap shortage profiteering...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Words fail me...
6AA39587-6026-4945-8F0A-2285B439A818.jpeg

These people will be like my now dead idiot father in law. When the last gun/ ammo panic hit, he cleaned out his savings and bought so much ammunition he had to rent storage space. Wound up giving most of it away when things returned to normal. eBay sellers I have no use for anymore. Well, actually I have no use for 90% of people these days.....

Hey, if someone is willing to pay that much than more power to them.

Quite frankly if someone is stupid enough to buy those caps for that insane price then it’s only their own fault for not researching (and using common sense) to know they’re grossly overpaying for them.

The seller is doing nothing wrong here. He is simply offering an item for sale at a price most informed people would never pay. If someone buys it, that’s on THEM.

If it were for medicine or food, I get it, but percussion caps are a recreational item and are a WANT and not a NEED.

Scalpers they are..thats why there is a ammo shortage...guys buying them that dont even own guns to auction off.a BIG eastern company K.T.P did a story on this..in october these guys were showing up every day waiting to buy all the ammo that they stocked for the store.The employes started looking at the auction sights and found the ones that were in the stores auction.2 BOX LIMIT NOW.

None of our local gun stores have any. I just bought 2,000 for $150.00. With shipping it likely was about 9 cents each.
but it gave me another reason to pick up an 1851 Navy .36... ;)

ETA... For whatever reason they were shipped sans hazmat fee. No label on the box. NADA... I did not complain as I did pay hazmat for the 5$ of powder the day before.

It is nuts right now what people will pay for ammo, caps, powder, anything gun related. They have bidding wars the last few minutes of a auction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back