• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cap shortage profiteering...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
# 10's seem to be the odd man out these days. not many people shoot them & not many guns take them any more. every thing is # 10's.

Guy I used to work with has made a hobby out buying and reselling stuff. A while back he got into ammo and anything gun related not requiring a FFL, though doesn’t shoot much himself. His ammo stockpile would rival a military depot. He recently sold off some of his modern reloading components and ammo at a gun show. He left home with his tandem axle trailer loaded to max capacity and came home with it empty. He started high with his prices and limited how much people could buy and raised his prices every hour over the two day event. Everything sold as fast as he put it out. He was surprised to see items he had sold at what he thought were over the moon high prices being resold at even higher prices at other booths/tables.

I don’t blame the sellers. Why shouldn’t they get the maximum dollar for their investment? Everyone had the opportunity to purchase what they wanted or needed when prices were lower and supplies were abundant, but chose not to. If the price is too high, the item won’t sell and the price will come down.

I see it as nothing more than a physical stock market, which is also insane these days. The folks who really get screwed are the ones just getting into shooting, whether it's modern or smokey firearms. The saddest part is trying to find seasonal ammo. I'm looking for heavi shot turkey loads to supplement the few rounds I have left. Really wish I had stocked up, but they always were expensive...

I purchased 200 CCI caps at my lgs for about $22. He is never the cheapest, but always has a good supply of almost everything.
'Sadly, he is closing up shop next month.

people that gouge are the lowest form of life
Last March when things started I had medical grade face masks in stock (I buy and sell stuff on the side), I paid $1.00 each for them in Dec. 2019. There was a point when in a hard hit east coast city, people were paying $100 for one. I was approached by someone who also sells stuff, to sell them to him. I coulda been a low life and easily sold them for $20.00 to $50.00 each........BUT I didn't! I sold them to him for $1.25 each., and he drove up here and bought them. I refused to take part in profiting from other people's misery and fear!

Last March when things started I had medical grade face masks in stock (I buy and sell stuff on the side), I paid $1.00 each for them in Dec. 2019. There was a point when in a hard hit east coast city, people were paying $100 for one. I was approached by someone who also sells stuff, to sell them to him. I coulda been a low life and easily sold them for $20.00 to $50.00 each........BUT I didn't! I sold them to him for $1.25 each., and he drove up here and bought them. I refused to take part in profiting from other people's misery and fear!
Well, he made the money and you didn't. People still got screwed presumeably. It would seem you escaped Dante's circle of hell for the greedy, and that for the fraudulent.

At the start of the pandemic last year, I had a box of n95 face masks that I had bought to wear when I sand on wood. I removed 4 of them and took the rest to a hospital that was treating COVID patients. The masks didn't go very far, but they went to where they were needed.

At the start of the pandemic last year, I had a box of n95 face masks that I had bought to wear when I sand on wood.

While dust masks have famously never been shown to be particularly or statistically effective against viruses, they are certainly a much better device than the fashionable face coverings that seem to be the uniform du jour.

Last year there was quite a period of time, quite an overlap really, where those paying attention were watching all sorts of crazy stuff going on overseas, purportedly they were welding people in their apartment buildings. But domestically the officials were saying, the news was "everything is super fine, go to parades, go to restaurants, hug strangers as they get off planes" etc., but it was obvious things were about to get Really Weird Really Quick here.

I thought about buying a couple pallets of N95 masks (among other things) but it just seemed "what's the use" and a little bit scurvy. Some folks got in a bit of trouble, they went on a road trip and purchased every bit of of sanitizer gel they could find in about a 100 mile radius of their home for resale. A bit of publicity ensued and they were cast as pariah very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back