• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cap not tight on nipple

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you missed something. No I haven't tried a new nipple. Yes it's a single shot pistol a CVA mountain pistol .50 caliber. See original post for my question please.
The nice thing about that is that you can crimp away and not worry about chain fires if you ascribe to loose caps as a potential cause of them.

I also have a mountain pistol, 50 caliber. My favorite pistol.
I have both CCI and RWS caps for my pistol. The CCI's fit a little loose so I just pinch them a bit, no biggie. The RWS caps fit nice and snug.
What are you shooting for a load?
Just got it haven't shot it. Just debugging before use. I'll start at 20 fffg and work up.

Just got it haven't shot it. Just debugging before use. I'll start at 20 fffg and work up.
Very accurate pistol. I've had mine for a while now.
Been try different loads in mine and have settled on a hunting load for it. 45 grains of 3f Swiss powder and a 240 grain PA conical bullet. I may up the charge to an even 50 grains.

The nice thing about that is that you can crimp away and not worry about chain fires if you ascribe to loose caps as a potential cause of them.
Unless...
1632555254031.png

Latest posts

Back