• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cap and ball cartridge former

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
anyone have any handle on cap and ball cartridge formers? I have seen a few on you tube , from manley and capandball.EU, anyone here make their own or find a place to buy them?
Thank you in advance for any ideas and/or help

I made one from a 6" or so length of dowel using a pocket knife and sandpaper. It was for a .36 and I most likely used a 3/8" dowel. Put a taper (eyeballed it) on it and may have cut a groove for the seam but I don't remember as it was about 45 years back. It only took a few minutes and I have more or less done the same thing for my Brown Bess. I see no need to buy one and they aren't very fancy.

I’m using an 8drn nozzle from a brass impact sprinkler because it has a perfect taper. For the dowel I used about 6” of walnut turned to match the internal taper in that nozzle.

Back