• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Can't see sights

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ask your eye doctor guy about bringing your gun into the office for the exam. The ones around here have no problem with it.
May be different culture where you live.
In having to go to see an eye doc for the first time last year, I was fortunate that the one I'm using is also a match rifle and pistol shooter. So after the exam, he asked what I was shooting and a ballpark eye distance from the front sight on the long rifles, and that he would take it from there. I told him I shoot rifle, pistol and shotgun. He basically said that my near vision was giving me the most problem and that my distance just needed a little correction. We went with progressive lenses that was adjusted for reading in the lower center and the upper corner of both lenses is adjusted for shooting. My shooting in all disciplines improved greatly and is about what it was when I was in my early thirties. He told me that if I had a problem with the lenses, just come back within 30 days and he would make the adjustment at no charge.

Get a peep sight. I'm 66 and same problem. Peep is best way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230104_195037_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230104_195037_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Poor man’s peep sight: black plastic electrical tape 3/4” x 3/4”, punch or cut 5/8” round, punch 1/8” hole in center and put on shooting eye of your range glasses. Amazing how well this works.

I have the same issue. The front sight and rear sight show up as a fuzzy blob. I opened the notch in the rear sight so there is more white space on both sides of the front sight in the notch of the rear sight to make it show up in the notch. That seemed to help although I need to widen the rear sight a little more.
Ohio Rusty

Back