• This community needs YOUR help today. With being blacklisted from all ad networks like Adsense or should I say AdNOSense due to our pro 2nd Amendment stance and topic of this commmunity we rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Canoe Alternatives

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

BruceHuxford

40 Cal
Reaction score
Not wanting to hijack this thread but the OP may be interested as well.

Now, I remember reading somewhere a while back on plank flat bottom canoes (not sure if the name is correct). Can't remember how they were built, with a single plank bottom or not. When were these first built and in what region. Don't remember if the planks were hand hewn or sawn. Any one have information on these. Thank you.
Sounds like a pirogue from Louisiana

Reaction score
Sounds like a pirogue from Louisiana
There was one on the wall of the community center in Thorne Bay, Alaska (on Prince of Wales Island) years ago. It probably still is. It was found in one of the rivers, looked like it had been there for a l-o-n-g time. About 12' long IIRC. But I left there 17 years ago, things change so it may have become firewood by now.