• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cannoneers!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man oh man, how times have changed :cry: Now a days both infantry and artilary guys wear camo. Oh for the good old days :m2c:

what was that about red legged infantry?
If I rember right the ordanance guys wore gold
and the arty wore red,
not to be confused the red the engeneers wore
or the yellow the cav. wore
and then there was the orange the mounted rifles wore

more colers capn bragg

I wasn't sure where to post this one, so I reckon this is as good a place as any.

How many on this list shoot cannon? My wife and I shoot a six pounder - no shot - at the Battle of New Orleans (1815) reenactment.

Capt. William

I'm a member of the cannon crew at Sutter's Fort, 1803 Russian 4# Howitzer.
Sparky

Cannons are cool. I have a 3" carronade and a 4" mortar. The last mission for the carronade was shooting up a little Korean car. All went well. I use 2 fired shotgun cases full of 1F and 3" zinc balls I cast myself.
I have just got around to castng the balls and have not tried the 4" ones in the mortar yet.
Rex Devantier.

Thought you cannoneers might like to see the new (correct barrel) on the carriage. Its only taken a few years to organize.
fortregent143.jpg

Barrel weighs 240 kilos and has a 2.6 inch bore
fortregent053.jpg

Its 4 feet long and takes half a pound of powder at a time

Latest posts

Back