• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cannoneers!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justmike,
Your pictures in your file needs to be loaded onto a picture hosting site like www.photobucket.com
It's a free pic hosting site,from there you can post them onto forums like these.
Down under where you type in your reply there is a box marked Image.you click there when you want to put your pic in your post.A seperate box will pop up and then you will need to copy and paste the web addy of your pic from Photobucket into this box.
It's easy when you have your pics in photobucket,a little practice and you'll see how easy it really is.
Good luck

You think yer pretty funny, don't ye, Soggy? :agree: :applause:

My mother always used to tell me when I was a kid and she'd prepared rabbit or pheasant that my Dad had shot, "Watch out for the BB's!" (generally, No. 6 or 7 1/2 shot, actually) :D

Capt. William

We just shoot blank loads, She is a reduced bore of 1 1/2 inches and our max load is 3oz of 1F powder. Shure makes a nice racket.

Andy

Yup, fire live rounds when able with 120-200 gr 3F. 1 inch hail gonne with reduced powder chamber. Also shoot 3 1/8 inch mortar.

Reminder note: Apr. 16/17 at Fort de Chartres, Artillery Safety School by Assoc. of Montcalm & Wolfe. Cost is $10 this year. See Smoke and Fire for details.

you need a crew?yer killin me, my sch is not good, but get ahold of me. never did reenactment, but maby we can talk.
artillery is aftr all king of battle :thumbsup:

Artillery is the "Queen of Battle".

Artillery is the "Ultimo Ratio Regnum" (Final Argument of Kings) (I flunked Latin but it's close....)

Bluejacket

PS: if anybody's interested in what we excavated at Fort Zachary Taylor (Key West), PM me and I'll send a summary of tubes found.

I'm certainly glad to see a cannon forum starting up . My son and I build cannons. I have a 1/4 scale 6 pounder naval gun on an oak carriage,total weight just under 40 pounds. It was a lot of work but works just fine. It throws a 75 caliber ball about 200 yds. with 75 gr. of 1F powder. I was lucky enough to win a couple of table top cannon matches with at our yearly shoot in Coalinga, Calfornia. I constructed a ship's railing and deck section with all of the recoil and training lines. It sure helps during recoil. My next project is a swivel gun. I have to bore it out and line it with ordinance steel.
My son has made a Cohorn mortor and a 1/4 scale naval Dalgren that shoot concrete filled tennis balls or soda cans. The Dalgren weighs over 500 pounds and is awsome as it reaches out 500-1000 yds. He just finished a late 15th century field piece with a wooden transit built into its carriage for elevation. It will be interesting to see how it works. I will post some pictures as soon as i figure out how it is done. :thumbsup:

I have a naval carronade with an inch and a half bore that I got from Hern Iron Works. I built the the rest, I shoot it with a lead ball and 300gr Fg. It gets alot of attention at the range

ok lets try again

Justmike,
Use the http:/ link to put in the image box.Your photo should then work.

21gun18.jpg

This was our first 21 gun salute it was for the Queens 50th anniversary. 7 cannon took part, 2 failed in firing, each bang was 15 seconds apart and the event was so well received we now do a 21 gun salute on 21 Apr every year.
We are the fourth team from the right in the picture

thanks to my son for the help with the pics :thumbsup:

We did a 21 gun salute last year for the Lewis/Clark send off from St. Charles Missouri. Boy and Self were assigned to a friends Grasshopper as he was the overall Commander of the firing. We had a great time and all cannon crews had fun.

third time lucky....

You made us wait a bit , but it was worth it Justmike. Great pictures, looks like no matter where your from, the smell of BLACK POWDER puts a smile on everyones face :crackup:
Soggy

The first 21 gun salute was on the edge of a residential area over a small park area about the size of two football pitches. When we'ed finished we went into the nearest pub at the side of the park in period dress cause as everyone knows the only thing that will get rid of the taste of bp smoke is a beer. The landlord bought us drinks and told us the story about several beers being spilt when the first bang came. The spilling continued for the next 3 bangs and by then the bar residents realised the front of the building was'nt falling in and life continued as though having a cannon go off every 15 secs was part of normal life.
We fired live at 100 yds last weekend and hitting a 3ft x3ft board seemed to be achievable for most of us.

Was it true in the 18th centuty that gold hat trim signified artillery; white, infantry? ::

Capt. William

CW Yes you are correct. In the 21 gun photo you can see two uniforms. The red coats (infantry) wear white trim hats and us artilary wear blue coats and yellow/gold trim. The uniforms are correct for Jersey Militia period 1764 to approx 1790. We re enact the 1781 period when the Battle of Jersey took place and the French were beaten in St Helier.

Back