• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cannon School

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireMaker

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just got back for cannon school. Had 10 guns and 58 people taking the course. A number of new people on top of those attending for recert. Great weekend. Have some pictures that will attempt to attatch the next few days.

Did you happen to run into a fella from Ohio named Pole Cat ?
He's been into cannons for several years now ... good guy.

This past weekend at Fort de Chartres.
$10.00 for the manual.
Forces of Montcalm and Wolfe sanctioned.
Guns provided by those that would bring them.
Powder provided by the gunners and replaced by site.
Ball provided by gun owners.

It was a well run class with the normal minor glitches. My hail gonne was the smallest and oldest style. One 1/2 scale Napoleon (bronze) was present. Numerous examples of good reproductions. One origional 1812 piece (sleaved). All guns used had to pass the Moncalm/Wolfe inspection standards.

I brought 4.7 oz flat based ball. Others used cans full of concrete. The Napoleon owner brings 1.5 pound balls. 55 gallon drums set at 50 yards on live fire day (sunday). Largest class I have attended since I started 4 years ago.

We rotated folks through on Sat., making cartridges. Worked on 3 man and 5 man crews. Sat. afternoon we did dry runs and blank loads. Folks that left Sat. only got the blank load cert. Most stayed to fire live rounds on Sunday.
I had some folks that were on my gun that had not live fired under supervision so we stuck around and had a great time. Didnt shoot a large number as we were trying to get people rotated through the different positions on the crew.
Our crew was successful in hitting the drum 2/7 times. Other times got real close. First couple went over the top till we set the elevation with a gunners site. :redthumb:

Latest posts

Back