• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cannon Projectiles?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poor Private

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I now have 2 1" smooth bore cannons. One is a swivel cannon, the other is a 1/4 scale mt. Howitzer. The swivel cannon last year was used at period events and fired just blanks. Now that I have acquired the other cannon I have a question. What should be used at ammo for them. Where do you get a 7/8" round ball without spending an arm and a leg. Especailly since they are just for the once in a while firing.

A quick search turned up Acra Ball company, who can make any size ball, various metals and non-metallic. Would be worth a call.

Also, there are ball bearing manufacturers who might have what you need.

A scrap yard might also be a source for old ball bearings. You could work up a h*ll of a grape shot load.

I don't know if some of these might damage your guns bore?

Just a thought.

Back