• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cannon fuse

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I need fuse. Where can I buy it?

Dixie does not list it any more.

:thanks: :hatsoff:

In the states, cannoneering seems to be alot more popular
than here in Canada. Go to muzzleloading links, under
cannon links you'll find all kinds of places where it's
sold. My problem is no one ships it accross the border.
If you know your cannon is made to fire live ammo,
then I wouldn't even bother. Take a long piece of
wood and drill a hole in the end to fit a cigarette.
Like this there's no
delay when fireing. You know exactly when it'll go off.
Also, if you use a wick, sometimes it doesn't burn all
the way down before going off, and a piece of lit fuse
goes flying out the touch hole, whereever the wind blows.
Watch you don't start a fire on the neighbors lot!

Another member here also tought me a feather filled with
ffffg works well and its period correct.

finally, a 1/4 cup of black powder in 8 coffee filters over a
glass, pour 1 cup of rubbing alcohol through the filters.
This will extract the saltpeter from the powder. Let
dry for a few days. Pick up some hemp rope and dip it in the
goo. let the rope dry and voila! you have a match cord for
the linstock you built.(long piece of wood w/ the hole)

I've never tried the last two options yet, but I've never
learned anything that wasn't useful on this site so far!
:peace:
p.s. Anyone out there spot a mistake in making the match
cord, please correct me, I'm also interested!

Hi Ghost,

15 feet of cannon fuse, $10 including shipping from:
Northfield Gun at 330-468-0676 or you can just send them a ten dollar bill with a note (cannon fuse) with your return address to:

Northfield Gun
30 W. Aurora Rd.
Northfield, Ohio 44067

TheGunCellar

Amazing but how to get it into the UK?

There's no law against having it, but how can it be shipped? Carriers are paranoid about all things flammable, I sometimes wonder how long before they refuse to take paper envelopes.

I even heard a rumour of someone selling Bickford fuse at five pounds ($8.85) a metre (39") :shocking:

Opium would be cheaper :rolleyes:

:shocking: Sorry dude, didn't realize you were in the UK (maybe 1 to make wrecks on a dirtbike? :shake: ) You could ship it probably, but flammable stuff is MORE expensive to ship than regular ship. And a letter from me to my cousins in northern ireland is expensive and takes forever... :hmm: :no: I dunno dude, sorry. :cry:

Other than possibly priced, why would I want to buy Chinese fuse when I can buy American made?

Other than possibly priced, why would I want to buy Chinese fuse when I can buy American made?

I am not saying you should...

All I said was Dixie Gun Works still carries bulk fuse, even though it's Chinese made...

I found this Link to Page

I have the gunpowder licence and RCA Euro-nonsense, but does this sound like the Visco/Bickford fuse???

It isn't detonating cord because he lists that seperately...

Fuse. Available in different speeds I.C.I plastic ignitercord green (slow) and I.C.I brown (fast) available in 150 meter rolls or by the meter. Pipe match and black match also available by the meter.

:eek: :eek: :shocking: :what: You have to have a liscence for black powder in uerope? That is :bull: dude! That sucks man, hope you get your fix, but 150 meters is allot of fuse man.... :hmm:

:eek: :eek: :shocking: :what: You have to have a liscence for black powder in uerope?

You need a licence for all explosives. It doesn't cost anything, they just want to make sure you have a reason for wanting to blow things up. There is a loophole that lets anyone buy fireworks just prior to Guy Fawkes Night, but nobody takes much notice of that and people let off fireworks all year round.

OTOH you don't need a licence for Pyrodex or smokeless because they are propellants rather than explosives, but who wants to use Pyrodex? :kid:

Whoever is thinking up your laws is smocking crack man. pyrodex and smokeless are more powerful than smokeless any day of the week, and when lit off under pressure are very powerful explosives, yet the weakest of the three explosives needs a liscence? :no: That makes no sense at all to me.

Whoever is thinking up your laws is smocking crack man. pyrodex and smokeless are more powerful than smokeless any day of the week, and when lit off under pressure are very powerful explosives, yet the weakest of the three explosives needs a liscence? :no: That makes no sense at all to me.

It's the same way here dude. Black is classified as an explosive here, but smokeless powders are not. We just don't have the license requirement to own black powder like they do.

It's the same way here dude. Black is classified as an explosive here, but smokeless powders are not. We just don't have the license requirement to own black powder like they do.

Actually in Massachusetts, you can't buy blackpowder without a FID card. Requires a background check and costs $100 every five years, and you need to start the renewal process about three months before your card expires.

Just :m2c:

Ah... good point. Hadn't thought that maybe it was different in other states.

Thank GOD I don't live in the People's Republik of Massachusetts! :redthumb:

Latest posts

Back