• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cannon failure - Manslaughter charge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered what ever happened to the subject about a cannon exploding and killing someone.

Hopefully, your post will get us back on track.

swathdiver said:
I reckon the lady was there on her own free will like everybody else. It's a shame that she lost her life and that fella will have to live with that.
Living with someone else's death is extremely easy to do....Especially for those with no remorse....And Heck! you're alive right?....lot's of time to get over it.....
We have laws to punish people so
"living with it"
doesn't become commonplace.....

My only experience with a home-made cannon was more like a "mortar" that a friend of mine and I made when we were in high school that launched coke cans, but luckily we realized how dangerous it was after a couple weeks of playing with it and "float tested" it. I am happy to report that it did NOT float!

Manslaughter is typically not a specific intent crime. That would-be murder. What the typical layman considers to be "intent"is specific intent. General intent does not require that you actually intended the specific outcome, only that your actions made it highly likely. That is how someone can be tried for murder even if they only "intended' to beat someone up real bad.