• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cannon American Eagle Safe Failed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Administrator
Reaction score
I made the gross error of getting a digital keypad Cannon American Eagle, should have not gotten digital.

Of course the numeric pad has failed so I cannot get into the safe.

Anyone been through this before?

Dumb question ... have you contcted Cannon yet?

No backup key? My digital (only bought as price was 50% off) model has it where you remove the digitial faceplate and a looooooong 'skeleton' type kit operates the bolt mechanism.

I have contacted the manufacture but I've seen some videos of people trying to DIY it saying it's not easy getting in contact so waiting to hear back.

No skeleton key I'm aware of.

I had a small Cannon safe that the keypad failed. I tried all the YouTube tricks and nothing worked. I ended up beating the pins out of the hinges. Ruined the safe.

according to the instructions on the digital keypad, if you enter the wrong code 3 times in a row , it will lock you out for a time period.
i've always wondered since you can unplug the digital keypad what if it doesn't work and you can borrow another of the same type and use the code stored in that one to open your safe???

I had a small Cannon safe that the keypad failed. I tried all the YouTube tricks and nothing worked. I ended up beating the pins out of the hinges. Ruined the safe.

That is my concern based on the YT videos I watched.

Yea definitely tried to change the batteries. I have the whole thing dissembled too to check connectors, bugs, etc. Nada.

I have a Cannon safe with digital keypad. It can be dismounted with a twist revealing a keyhole for a skeleton key. No issues.

A decent lock smith can open it in a few minuets. Call around. No, I am not going to say how to do it for obvious reasons.

Back