• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cannon Advice?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Craig

32 Cal
Reaction score
I recently acquired this and know nothing about it. Cannot find any marks. Barrel is 12" and weighs 9 lbs. 11 oz. bore is 13/16. Would like to test it but like I said, I know nothing about this. Any advice? Thanks, Mike.
12.JPG
11.JPG
2.1.JPG
6.JPG
5.JPG

Well it looks like somebody fired it at one time.

It's 10.5 gauge so you can't turn it into a punt-gun for geese....:(

If it was me I'd get somebody to make me a yoke, and the back end is already drilled so you could attach a tiller, and then you'd have a swivel gun, for boat or fortress wall... sure this one is bigger but that's on a good sized boat...put yours on a good sized pirogue!

SWIVEL GUN ON BOAT.jpg

No matter what, sure will get the neighbor's attention at midnight on New Year's and on the 4th of July. :D :thumb:

LD

If it was mine, I'd stick to shooting blank charges in it.

The barrel is beautifully proportioned but for a 13/16" bore, the wall thickness at the breech doesn't look thick enough to me for shooting solid projectiles safely.

What am I seeing at the bottom of the breech? Is that a rusted plug inside a brass plug? I would defiantly want to know more about that before I fired it.

staying on the subject of Dalgren cannon, I believe CVA ? came out with a .50 cal replica back in the 70s ?
I had one which I shot at the Alamo ML club back late 70s. Just cant find anything of them since?

Back