• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Can we see some Fowlers...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizamo

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I've got a thing for .62 Smoothbores... :thumbsup:

Anybody else? Need to start workin' up a Turkey load for this one...

Caywood English Fowler...

Squaw006.jpg

Squaw007.jpg

I've got some pics (not too good, though) of my new .62 fowler. Soon as my wife puts them on my computer I'll post them.

Here is mine. I finished it about mid March. I got it finally to the range last week. It is "turkey" ready. It is a 20ga. with 44" oct. to rd. Colerain barrel, Chambers English Fowler lock, Davis triggers and American black walnut.

BSfowlerright.jpg

BSfowlertang.jpg

Here is my new to me virgina smooth rifle 62 cal. built by Bobby christain. Its so new to me its not even here yet :wink: . I should have it next week. I bought it here on the classifieds. Cant wait to get it for turkey season. its cutting it close. 36 in barrel, large siler lock and single trigger. Jug chocked full by Danny Caywood
IMG_0641.jpg

Smoothy1.jpg

Smoothy2.jpg

You should also check the archives in the pictures forum. Many fowling guns have been posted in the smoothbore and building forums over the years but got moved to the picture forum.

Here's mine: .62 English Fowler/Officer's Fusil made by Mike Brooks. 41 1/2" Long Hammock tapered round barrel, Chambers Lock.

officersfusil001.jpg

officersfusil002.jpg

officersfusil003.jpg

Ricky..Is the gun as light as it looks? Wow !..that gun has "grouse" written all over it!

Beautiful guns guys!... your making me drool!

My First Gun
English walnut from Mike Brooks' Birmingham stocks
Chambers round face brass lock

100_0516.jpg

100_0518.jpg

100_0544.jpg

100_0524.jpg

100_0528.jpg

100_0525.jpg

My Son's Brooks #271
12 Bore Getz, Chambers English lock, English Walnut, Jim Hash handmade thumbpiece.

jr9.jpg

jr1.jpg

jr4.jpg

jr5.jpg

jr6.jpg

jr7.jpg

jr8.jpg

My Brooks #285
English Walnut unstained
Chambers lock
Sterling sideplate, grotesque sight and thumbpiece

JCRII1.jpg

JCRII2.jpg

JCRII4.jpg

JCRII6.jpg

JCRII7.jpg

JCRII9d.jpg

JCRII9f.jpg

Here's a New England fowler that's a bit different. Getz 46" 20 bore, Davis English trade lock, home made buttplate, side plate and pipes. Cherry stock with silver and brass wire that has been relief carved on one side. Built with the idea off parts left over from several busted up guns, both french and english.
ne1.jpg

ne2.jpg

ne5.jpg

ne3.jpg

ne9.jpg

Very nice NE fowler, Mike. I love the side plate :applause: :applause:

Back