• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can we see some Fowlers...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanky.

Well, lets say as many of the stops as THE ADMIRAL was likely to allow a reasonable margin for survivability of my accoutrements.

And I don't mean in the hunting gear.

scf_1.jpg

If I'm qualified to say, that sure is very nice. What is the wood and what is the barrel length? Just curious.

Nice Wood!

Sorry SK,(and Mike)couldn't resist! :redface: I too am on the list, after a far too long hiatus. glad you resurected this thread.
gives me something to look forward to!
I'll be revisiting this often I think :bow:

Hell I'll post my newest smoothbore over here too. :grin:

My cherry stocked, 41" .20ga New England style Milita gun that Mike was kind enough to help me with. :thumbsup:

DSCF3618.JPG

DSCF3620.JPG

DSCF3624.JPG

DSCF3626.JPG

DSCF3627.JPG

These photos are too far away. But this fowler has a 41"-20 gauge North Star West barrel, Pecatonica River Long Rifle cherry stock, L & R Durs Egg lock, Ted Cash thimbles, early Lancaster buttplate, hand cut s-sideplate, etc. It has accounted for one doe so far.
IMG_3984.jpg

IMG_3983.jpg

Stumpkiller said:
After the first 30 rounds - all dirtied up but no misfires or delays. You can love a girl like that.

DSCN0088.jpg

You just have to love that Chambers Round Face lock. It isn't small, nor light, nor fast - but that is one sparking son-of-a-gun. Was deer hunting with 4 buddies last week...all of them are of the "modern" mind-set. We all shot off our rifles at the end of the wet, cold and windy
day. Two of the super swift modern things misfired or wouldn't fire. My old flinter roared just like they are supposed to, so everyone wanted to shoot it. :blah:

Mike Brooks said:
The trigger is an antique I
found in a parts box at a gun show last winter.

That just gives it an extra-special MoJo and the stock characterizin' is great!

Can anyone recommend a source for a Germanic 1750-1760 halfstock fowler (just the stock, only)?

This is the bumford trade gun I built for my self it has a colrain barrel a davis lock and a cherry stock. hope these are better pics than the ones posted on the pic. form.
GEDC0761.jpg

GEDC0764.jpg

GEDC0762.jpg

GEDC0765.jpg

Since we are on a fowler kick, here's Mine. 10 Ga. Bought it at Dixon's a couple of years ago. Has Kirby on the lock and barrel and thinking it may have started life as a Chambers kit. I am very happy with it, weight, style and handling....Mick :)

10gafowler2.jpg

10gafowler4.jpg

my Jackie Brown .62 smoothbore,44" tapered round barrel.she patterns great with shot,havent shot roundball from her yet.
100_3345.jpg

100_3351.jpg

yes it is and yes it does. had some troubles with missfire till i drilled the vent hole out and put in a white lighting vent liner,havent had a missfire since.

Back