• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Can someone help me identify this pistol?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One further suggestion is to check your local laws before purchasing the items needed to shoot this pistol.
Laws vary by state and some cities have further restrictions. It is becoming more common that a black powder revolver is considered the same as a modern pistol once you have everything to shoot it. This means that if your area requires a pistol permit and/or has hand gun registration it may be included and you would be running afoul of the law.
They can't keep guns out of the hands of villains so they pester the rest of us.

Google Italian Firearms manufacture dates, There should be a 2 letter code in a small box on the brass frame. This way you don't have to guess.
Nit Wit

Post #1 - second image -

1614267464969.png

XX9 on the righthand side = 1973.

Interesting to see the mix of Roman and Arabic numbers - it is usually XXIX. The lack of a cartouche [box] around the number usually indicates home market use and with the cartouche around it = an export firearm.

Anyhow, the Italian DOPs were recently posted here with the recommendation that they be made into a sticky, since so many posters are asking about them........I guess it didn't happen.

An old trick is to rub the rust spots with a copper penny, removes the rust but doesn’t damage the blueing. Must be pure copper not cupronickel nickel so an old English penny or halfpenny works well
If you haven’t got a penny then a ha’penny will do. If you haven’t got a ha’penny then God Bless you.

Take a pic of the bottom of the grip frame. There may be more there than made in Italy.

Back