• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Can I use grease from cooking as patch lube?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meanwhile, here in UK, those pesky Romans killed the last bear, and bisons of all kinds disappeared when the British Isles appeared put of the greater European landmass after a combination of the end of the Ice Age and the Storegga Landslip event, both around 8500 years ago, had raised the sea levels.
Romans are innocent. It is thought that the last bear in England was killed about the year 500AD. Probably by the English colonists. The Romans actually brought with them both the rabbit and the elephant. Fortunately only the rabbit settled in…..

Romans are innocent. It is thought that the last bear in England was killed about the year 500AD. Probably by the English colonists. The Romans actually brought with them both the rabbit and the elephant. Fortunately only the rabbit settled in…..
Oh I don't know, I frequently see descendants of elephants in towns 😄

Rendered down deer fat probably 40 years ago, put it in a glass jar and let cool. Worked ok but smelled like mutton. Put in in the hole in my southern mountain rifle stock. Drew flies and kept getting on my clothes. Never did go bad after all those years but there are better lubes.

Woodpeckers ate the last of it in a feeder one winter.

Happily for us here. Imagine the size of the elephant warrens!!!

Latest posts

Back