• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Can everyone help to indentify this gun ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BUT : Your motto really impresses me !

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. "

This is a quote from Theodore Roosevelt's speech on April 23, 1910 (To be proper - the quote should be credited accordingly)
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/63389/roosevelts-man-arena

For over 40 years now , I'm a collector/shooter of vintage target pistols and litterally hundreds of them , I was able to handle/possess , restaure /shoot/trade to fellow shoters , but recently , I've got that one chance in my collecting live ,having been able to purchase something , what I never saw or knew of before .
Unfortunately , the seller knew exactly of its rarity , but fortunately/unfortunately , the hammer was broken and had to be replaced and he also knew from diff. gunmakers , that it would be costly to have it rebuilt , therefore it came into my league and I was fortunate to buy it , but still in the four digit numbers .
Well - never before , I've seen such a thought through and complicated system as in this entire pistol , therefore I spend all my savings and cancelled my vacations to buy it , since I'm pretty sure , there will be no second chance for finding one similar . ( And YES , it was pretty expensive , but what are You doing , when You fall in love ? )
The pistol is , as I'm convinced , of pretty late German origin , the deeply rifled ( 0.6mm ) barrel in close to perfect condition bears the German inscription " Guss Stahl Rohr " which means cast steel barrel , inlaid in silver . I took my time and lots of elbow grease to make a new hammer , and after the third attempt , it now seems to be right .

View attachment 32010View attachment 32011View attachment 32012View attachment 32013View attachment 32014View attachment 32015View attachment 32016View attachment 32017
What takes it apart of all known guns is , that is has got somewhat like an " inline system " .

Has anyone of You ever seen a system litke this and can tell me , who has made/developed it ?

As You can see , it's also a fine shooter with patched round ball ( .464 , the same ball which I use in my Adams Beaomont revolver ) and 16,5 gr BP .

Is there anyone who knows more , who has invented this system , are there more known spezies of the same system ?

Any information will be welcome !
Enfield
For over 40 years now , I'm a collector/shooter of vintage target pistols and litterally hundreds of them , I was able to handle/possess , restaure /shoot/trade to fellow shoters , but recently , I've got that one chance in my collecting live ,having been able to purchase something , what I never saw or knew of before .
Unfortunately , the seller knew exactly of its rarity , but fortunately/unfortunately , the hammer was broken and had to be replaced and he also knew from diff. gunmakers , that it would be costly to have it rebuilt , therefore it came into my league and I was fortunate to buy it , but still in the four digit numbers .
Well - never before , I've seen such a thought through and complicated system as in this entire pistol , therefore I spend all my savings and cancelled my vacations to buy it , since I'm pretty sure , there will be no second chance for finding one similar . ( And YES , it was pretty expensive , but what are You doing , when You fall in love ? )
The pistol is , as I'm convinced , of pretty late German origin , the deeply rifled ( 0.6mm ) barrel in close to perfect condition bears the German inscription " Guss Stahl Rohr " which means cast steel barrel , inlaid in silver . I took my time and lots of elbow grease to make a new hammer , and after the third attempt , it now seems to be right .

View attachment 32010View attachment 32011View attachment 32012View attachment 32013View attachment 32014View attachment 32015View attachment 32016View attachment 32017
What takes it apart of all known guns is , that is has got somewhat like an " inline system " .

Has anyone of You ever seen a system litke this and can tell me , who has made/developed it ?

As You can see , it's also a fine shooter with patched round ball ( .464 , the same ball which I use in my Adams Beaomont revolver ) and 16,5 gr BP .

Is there anyone who knows more , who has invented this system , are there more known spezies of the same system ?

enfield, I'm just reading this post now. 3years late I guess. Trying to find some information on my pistol lead me here. Here is a picture of mine. It's a .160 cal. Smaller than a bb. I shoot #1 size bird shot out of it, using the percussion of the muzzleloader cap only.

enfield, I'm just seeing this post now. 3 years late I guess. I'm trying to find information on my pistol. Which lead me here. My pistol is a .160 cal. Small that a BB. I shoot #1 bird shot out of it with only the percussion of the muzzle loader cap. That's about all I know.

Attachments

• 20230905_124947.jpg
    20230905_124947.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230905_125010.jpg
    20230905_125010.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230905_125038.jpg
    20230905_125038.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Congrats for this quite rare parlor pistol .
It seems , this could be a very underestimated field for the serious collector .

The so called "inline system" seems to hve been invented looong before those unmentionables of today :

IMG_20220816_121644.jpg
IMG_20220817_183328.jpg
IMG_20220816_121632.jpg

This one fires RB of 5mm cal , only driven by the cap .

As You can clearly see , it NEVER was a breech loader before , since the complete breech part of the barrel would never have been possible to convert .

Congrats for this quite rare parlor pistol .
It seems , this could be a very underestimated field for the serious collector .

The so called "inline system" seems to hve been invented looong before those unmentionables of today :

View attachment 250707View attachment 250708View attachment 250706

This one fires RB of 5mm cal , only driven by the cap .

As You can clearly see , it NEVER was a breech loader before , since the complete breech part of the barrel would never have been possible to convert .
If I find anymore information, I will pass it along. Thanks

That's been known for quite some time, and IF the modern makers who reverse engineered modern rifles to be used in less than modern hunting seasons made guns like the one that started this thread..., we'd likely allow them on this forum.

LD

Back