• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Can anyone attest to the quality of this bag from crazy crow?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your input guys, that’s why I love this forum, everyone’s able to get a multitude of input from everyone, especially on buying something it’s very helpful, I’ll be passing on this bag, thanks guys :)

Crazy crow does have some reasonable prices on equipment used by living history enthusiasts today.
However its primary markets are westren decor and pow-wow. Much of their stuff is made for looks and display not for hard use.
That said I have some stuff from them that’s India produced that I can’t tell from Townsend produced at twice the money.

Crazy crow does have some reasonable prices on equipment used by living history enthusiasts today.
However its primary markets are westren decor and pow-wow. Much of their stuff is made for looks and display not for hard use.
That said I have some stuff from them that’s India produced that I can’t tell from Townsend produced at twice the money.
Hmmm. Maybe Townsend sourced it from the very same maker/supplier!

I might pass on the quilled bag, but my primary shooting/possibles bag is made from a crazy crow kit. Good thick leather, enough to customize. Been using it for years, very happy with it. And very affordable.
On that note, did the kit come with thread do you remember?

I'd really recommend everyone to ditch the artificial sinew, and get some linen thread to use. I bought a 1500 foot spool from a cobbler supply for around $15 bucks years ago, and haven't made a noticeable dent in it so far. Just wax it before use, you will never go back to the fake sinew stuff. Besides, it's authentic to the period.

Back