• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Can’t Find 54 cal. Bullets in Stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find 54 cal. bullets for hog and deer. I have a 54 Hawkins .
I would like to find mini-bullets.
All the local shops and places I have googled are out. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have approx 300, sold my .54 the other day. Shipping would be high I would think, pretty heavy.They are made by Hornady. Let me know if you want them we can figure out a price for you.

I’ve got 2 unopened boxes of 54cal Buffalo Bullets 460gr round nose flat base 20 per box. Pre-lubed but if experience is anything to go by they’ll likely need relubing.

8 bucks a box plus 8 for the small flat rate if ya want’em.

I have approx 300, sold my .54 the other day. Shipping would be high I would think, pretty heavy.They are made by Hornady. Let me know if you want them we can figure out a price for you.
I’ve got 2 unopened boxes of 54cal Buffalo Bullets 460gr round nose flat base 20 per box. Pre-lubed but if experience is anything to go by they’ll likely need relubing.

8 bucks a box plus 8 for the small flat rate if ya want’em.
I just found out my 54 cal may take a 52 cal bullet. I will check tomorrow and get back to you.

Hornady Great Plains Bullets in 54 caliber are 425 grain IIRC. If a member is selling and Steve Jenkins doesn't need that many, I'd be down for some too.

Does anyone know where I can find 54 cal. bullets for hog and deer. I have a 54 Hawkins .
Hello buy you a Lee real bullet mold item number is 90400 make great bullets and keep the fouling cleaned from the barrel I can shoot a bunch of these without cleaning the barrel usually can get 20 shots without running a patch down the barrel

I am sure you can find bullets but I can guarantee you a ball in a 54 cal. rifle will stop a hog, deer and just about anything that walks on U.S. soil.
I shoot balls exclusively and have yet to have any animal that I had to track.

Steve Jenkins,
Did the .52 versus .54 question get resolved?
If your barrel is .52 I've a few .519 diameter minies you could try out.

Steve Jenkins,
Did the .52 versus .54 question get resolved?
If your barrel is .52 I've a few .519 diameter minies you could try out.
Yes, Its 54 cal. Funny thing, The guy I purchased from sent a 52cal. bullet mold and a box of 52 cal balls with it. He had never shot it.
Turns out to be 54 cal.

Back