• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Camp coffee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found freshly roasted, then ground, made a difference from buying whole, pre-roasted beans in the store, and that pre-roasted beans freshly ground were much better than pre-ground..., but other than that Brazilian, Costa Rican, Jamaican, Hawaiian, I can't tell much if any difference. Sorry, when it comes to coffee I have a peasant's palate.

LD

I can tell Asians from Africans and South Americas but that’s as far as it goes, and I can’t say I prefer one from the other. And Colombian from Brazilian nah, it’s just coffee.
It’s all good and the cup, brewing is a lot more important then bean.

As I'm roasting, when I reach the desired point I very quickly toss them from the pan onto a commercial aluminum sheet pan and begin shaking around. This quickly dissipates the heat....I also blow off any remaining chaff at the same time.

Also, because cast iron banks heat so well, once the beans begin to brown I reduce the heat by about half....This ensures that I roast the beans rather than burn them.

Loyalist Dave said:
Better not tell The Millenials that one isn't supposed to burn the beans or Starbucks will be out of business.
Honestly, it couldn't happen soon enough. Starbucks has done more to ruin coffee in the time they've been in business than Folgers and Maxwell house combined.

I look at Starbucks as desperation coffee - you know, the coffee you'll drink when the motel room doesn't have that burnt newspaper/mulch mix in a teabag...

The underlying problem is that people have been fooled into thinking coffee like that from Starbucks (burnt, bitter with little actual flavor) is the real deal. Must be why I always have to search the Starbucks billboard for a simple cup of coffee - not some dessert in a cup containing milk/cream, half a cup of sugar, whipped cream, flavored syrup and candy sprinkles to cover the flavor from an awful tablespoon of crappy coffee...

:haha: some time ago there was a political brouhaha over Starbucks and I heard people talk about boycotting them. I don’t believe in boycotting, but I don’t drink Starbucks. My daughter loves it. My wife chucked what my daughter would do without Starbucks. I said “no body drinks coffee at Starbucks, they just buy coffee flavored milkshakes”
They have to make their coffee nasty so there will still be some coffee flavor left after the pollution. Star bucks coffee is like cinnamon bark, pepper corns Carolina ghost peppers, not made to be consumed by its self :haha:

LOL, yup its all that "Soma" called Sugar, the consumption has exceeded production. They put it in everything knowing people are addicted to it.....
And real coffee is healthy, helps the gut and good against some ailments.

Back