• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Calvary holster pattern?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the pattern for a Calvary style holster for my Pietta 1858 revolver. I have the leather, some nice 7-8oz veg tan, and I have the time, just lacking the pattern. Any idea where I can get one.

Attachments

• 59175C4E-C53B-4DC4-960C-029A27863799.jpeg
    59175C4E-C53B-4DC4-960C-029A27863799.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 2
Also, I can make you a pattern if you like, I do leather work/tooling, and have for years. Do you need right or left handed and I am assuming you want it with a flap. Just let me know.

Wow! You guys are much better than me, I looked on both Tandy, and EBay, could not find any.
The free Tandy patterns are not easy to find on their website:
https://tandyleather.com/blogs/leathercraft-libraryThere are 154 pages of free patterns, and as near as I can tell no way to search or filter the freebies. I have downloaded the free holster patterns, but there isn’t a military style pattern in thier offerings. They have various western style and shoulder holster patterns.

The free Tandy patterns are not easy to find on their website:
https://tandyleather.com/blogs/leathercraft-libraryThere are 154 pages of free patterns, and as near as I can tell no way to search or filter the freebies. I have downloaded the free holster patterns, but there isn’t a military style pattern in thier offerings. They have various western style and shoulder holster patterns.
I was wrong, in the free library is a Percussion Pistol Pattern Pak, stock 2691. I have it downloaded, but it is too big to post. The pak does have a flapped holster like what you are looking for.

Attachments

• 74646976-5EDA-4EA9-8944-8D533E9C5A85.png
    74646976-5EDA-4EA9-8944-8D533E9C5A85.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I'd think the Civil War re-enactor suppliers would have something?
I made my own; I took a piece of cardboard about 6" longer than the gun, wrapped the pistol in a single fold, and cut around it, leaving the extra 6" above the gun on the back side, which becomes the flap. I cut it out of heavy leather, sewed it up the side ( leave the bottom open so detritus can fall out). After sewing, I soaked the holster in warm water to get it soft, the wrwpped the pistol in plastic and shoved it into the holster and let the leather dry. That ensures a good fit for the pistol, as the leather stretches to conform to the shape of your gun. Hav fun!

Wow thanks, right handed please.
I've been looking for a pattern also for my Remington New army. I'm left handed so the standard flap holster works for me but I want a cross draw because I sit a lot and it's a big gun. I guess the main issue is the design of the belt hanger on the back so it will sit at the correct angle. Any suggestions? Could you post your design here on the board?

Latest posts

Back