• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Calling all New Yorkers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was born and raised in Upstate New York. I left when I joined the Navy after high school. I was lucky to have been stationed in Western New York for a few years, and my wife and I loved the area. I also spent a good number of years in Maine. When I retired from the Navy we considered moving back to either Maine or WNY, but employment brought me to Virginia where we have been ever since. Now, Virginia politics and policies are getting just like New York. Now that the kids are grown and on their own we are looking at moving to a more rural area of Virginia (Highland County). Would have liked to return to NY, but just didn't work out.

Where are you going Henry2357?
Too many " far left" radicals here in Vermont! I have heard good things about SC.
Of course if "Bernie" gets elected there will be no escape, he will need to put up a fence to keep us here!
Good luck.
Heading down to northern SC. Wife and I are scheduled to head down end of March beginning of April but now we’re wondering if there will be travel restrictions in place with this damn virus.
Planned our move then June first, I retire from job#1 after 40 years May 15th. Also work at Home Depot up here part time and would get a transfer, or working on one, down there. Just hope things work out now.
So SC’ers, NC’ers, looking for shooting buds, sooner or later

The only travel restrictions in place now are the ones dealing with people coming into the country from Europe and the Far East.
There is no restrictions dealing with interstate travel or people moving from one state to another.

The only travel restrictions in place now are the ones dealing with people coming into the country from Europe and the Far East.
There is no restrictions dealing with interstate travel or people moving from one state to another.
Zonie, not too concerned about the move in June, I think, but more concerned about the trip down in 2 weeks, looking for an apartment prior to house or condo purchase. Your right, no restrictions on travel, we’re driving, but, I don’t know,,, just concerned. 62, and just want things smooooth....

Got out of NY! Travel restrictions in place in at least a couple of states where they will pull over anyone on I-95 with NY plates and if they are from the "city", they will have to be quarantined for 14 days.

I'm not from the city anyway. I'm loving it here in Florida.

Well we had to cancel our recon trip and of course push back the move. I guess it’s NY at least until Fall. We are up in Albany County and I am now working full time ( forced retirement from my day job early) at my past part time job. Well it’s something.
I think if things clear up early enough I will try to get back in to Old Saratoga Muzzleloaders for a bit.

Count your lucky stars if you do not live in NJ. Our Governor has turned away The President of NJ2AS a group that fights for our 2A rights from any Press Conferences.
It has been a slow and incremental death for The Second Amendment in our State.
Now with this pandemic it seems that those in Trenton will wield ultimate power and control.

Tremendous discontent here in Upstate NY since the Dems won full control of the legislature. A movement to divide Upstate from The City continues to gather momentum. As feeble Joe begins to fade, there is now talk the Dems may try to enlist Andrew as their standard bearer. The idea of a Cuomo presidency is more frightening than the virus.

For sure.
Tremendous discontent here in Upstate NY since the Dems won full control of the legislature. A movement to divide Upstate from The City continues to gather momentum. As feeble Joe begins to fade, there is now talk the Dems may try to enlist Andrew as their standard bearer. The idea of a Cuomo presidency is more frightening than the virus.

Please stop discussing politics. It is against the forum rules to get into any political discussion outside of the "American Politics" area in the Premium Members section.

Inorder to post something in the Premium section, you must pay $18/year membership to become a MLF Supporter.

We've been in the Catskills now for the 2nd time since 2007 and we lived in Woodstock from 1979-1990. Love the region, and the mountains. Local gun clubs have frequent BP shoots. Hate the politics and taxes.
Lifelong (52 years) Dutchess County native. This region does indeed have a lot to offer, but demands a lot in return.

PS- I'm a member of High Woods.

I'm a member of Saugerties Fish and Game, I had a table at your last Swap Meet at Highwoods.
I didn't attend the one last month. I was too broke! Perhaps we've met at a BP shoot? 20140824_085117.jpg

Back