• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

California

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Santa Cruz Mountains, again. I shoot with the Santa Cruz Muzzleloaders. First Saturday of the month is pistol, and third Saturday of the month is Rifle.

Santa Cruz Mountains, again. I shoot with the Santa Cruz Muzzleloaders. First Saturday of the month is pistol, and third Saturday of the month is Rifle.
thank you for the reply, ill have to punch you guys in the google box, and get some directions/see how far it is from my neck of the woods.

Hello
I’m in Victorville California and I just got a CVA flintlock rifle. I bought it on Gun Broker and the seller was in Pennsylvania, it was shipped through the post office to my front door, I got the lead balls and patches from Muzzle Loaders.com, cheaper than the stores and got in 2 days.
I’m looking for some local enthusiasts to join me sometime
Is there anyone in Southern California?

There is a great black powder club in big bear California their meeting are every third Saturday of the month

Howdy, I'm in South Lake Tahoe. My club is Sierra Muzzleloaders. They have 2 Rendezvous a year, Spring shoot is in May open to the general public, the October shoot is also open to the general public, but is strictly primitive. The club property is between Marysville and Grass Valley, just outside of Brownsville in Northern California. Great club for families, great camping and tin tipi area. They have a monthly casual shoot for club members the first Saturday of each month with camp overnight and club meeting on that Sunday. Cheers, Doug T.

Well, I'll be. Someone actually from Fresno. Imagine that. Lol. I think there is still a monthly shoot at Fresno Rifle and Pistol Club. I don't know of any local clubs. Might have to dust off My flinter now.

Ha! Fresno is one of those places that just doesn't go away. Random movie references (Navy Seals, Con Air, Captain America, etc.). Heck, I even traveled abroad in college & met somebody in an obscure church who happened to know a friend of mine in Fresno. A month later, while still abroad, a new friend took a trip to Oxford, returned, & told me that so and so from Fresno said hello. Strange place this big small town.

Does FRPC run the black powder shoot? Or is it one of their affiliated clubs?

Lincoln Ca. here.
Don't belong to any clubs.
I usually shoot at the Lincoln Rifle Club on Monday or Tuesday.
Only a couple of casual Muzzleloader shooters there, wish there was more interest
as I usually shoot Muzzleloaders alone :(

Ha! Fresno is one of those places that just doesn't go away. Random movie references (Navy Seals, Con Air, Captain America, etc.). Heck, I even traveled abroad in college & met somebody in an obscure church who happened to know a friend of mine in Fresno. A month later, while still abroad, a new friend took a trip to Oxford, returned, & told me that so and so from Fresno said hello. Strange place this big small town.

Does FRPC run the black powder shoot? Or is it one of their affiliated clubs?

Sorry for the delay in responding there Nuthatch, haven't been online much. Smoking Thunder Muzzle Loaders are running the matches. I should really go to one of the shoots.

Lincoln Ca. here.
Don't belong to any clubs.
I usually shoot at the Lincoln Rifle Club on Monday or Tuesday.
Only a couple of casual Muzzleloader shooters there, wish there was more interest
as I usually shoot Muzzleloaders alone :(

Hey! Lincoln! I've spent some time there, though mostly before all that development started & it was just a town in the middle of cattle & wheat fields. A couple of nieces graduated from there in the last few years so I still come around every so often. Glad to make your (online) acquaintance.

Here in the San Francisco Bay Area! I used to go to Mt Ranch Muzzleloaders Rendezvous many moons ago. I’m looking to getting back in shooting my flintlock! Looks like most Rendevous are canceled this year! Hope everyone is safe during these crazy times.

Placerville area. El Dorado Rod and Gun as well as SVSC member. Everything's closed these days so it's a lot of straightening things in the shop.

Petaluma here. Not a member of a club but I usually practice at the Circle S range outside of town. The only rendezvous I usually get to is the Sonoma Valley Muzzleloaders, which got cancelled this year.

Several clubs in NorCal:
Louderbecks near Red Bluff
Northern Free Trappers near Cottonwood
Jed Smith Mountain Men near Crescent City and the Calif. State License Plate Factory.
Rondys are April,May each year, between rain and fire season when we close the trailwalks/BLM shooting areas for fire safety. We like it here, come on over! TinHorn

Howdy,Ione Ca.Retired,just hunting now and then with my flintlocks.And shooting depends on what county you live in and how much you listen to the PR of the little Nutson.

Last edited:
Back