• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

California Hawken, circa 2006

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely NOT a California Hawken. I’ll go with the second choice. Hawken, (kinda). Made in California. This is a California Hawken.

View attachment 42093View attachment 42094

You are having a conversation with yourself. The original post, and this thread, is about a 'builder based in California'. It is not about a rifle style. Do you know of a builder base in California that might have worked on something like I posted?
If you post a message about a California Hawken, or even one that looks 'kinda' like a California Hawken, I will read and learn with interest.

Jim,
It seems I’ve irritated you some how. I posted 2 photos of a California Hawken. Till I saw your photos ( Lyman GPR), I assumed that’s what you were referring to.
As far as a builder....almost anyone can put together a Lyman kit.
Not trying to be a smart A, but it’s about as basic as you can get.
I’d be happy to help you further if you’d like, you just need to make plain to me what you need, or if you want me to butt out.
I know a few Builder’s on the West coast, but I don’t think they build kits.

Back