• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

California black powder revolver laws

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also in the San Diego area P2K shooting range in El Cajon has a few indoor lanes they use for Black Powder. Then at the Pala Indian renovation they have the PalaShooting range which is outdoors and allows Black Powder. It has a rifle range from 50 yards out to 800 yards along with a shotgun range and a pistol range. They both have web sites.

We left CA and never looked back except to mourn the wonderful ranch we had there. Had our own range for rifle, pistol and even trap. Tons of turkeys and deer to hunt and fun off roading. Between the ever restrictive gun laws, Taxes and fees and insurance issues we had no choice but to leave. The state seized a 400' strip of land without warning calling a dry creek a "navigable stream". Then they wanted to test for lead in our range and again ,without warning, labeled the entire 20 acres as "asbestos" zone. The coup de gras was home insurance. $1200 in 1999 to $5000+ in 2015. My buyer had to go to Lloyds of London who dropped him after a year and now (like many neighbors) is basically uninsured. I heard they cited him for shooting MLs on the brush cleared range after burn season was over and have tagged his well for a meter.

We left CA and never looked back except to mourn the wonderful ranch we had there. Had our own range for rifle, pistol and even trap. Tons of turkeys and deer to hunt and fun off roading. Between the ever restrictive gun laws, Taxes and fees and insurance issues we had no choice but to leave. The state seized a 400' strip of land without warning calling a dry creek a "navigable stream". Then they wanted to test for lead in our range and again ,without warning, labeled the entire 20 acres as "asbestos" zone. The coup de gras was home insurance. $1200 in 1999 to $5000+ in 2015. My buyer had to go to Lloyds of London who dropped him after a year and now (like many neighbors) is basically uninsured. I heard they cited him for shooting MLs on the brush cleared range after burn season was over and have tagged his well for a meter.
Wish the Sierras were 10 or 15,000 feet taller. History might well be different and Cali might still be the problem of Mexico or Spain.

You could build a wall around CA and the irreversible damage would still be done. The Feds and rest of the states have allowed CA to become its own nation and create its own laws including those on firearms. Just Look at stupid Prop 65 and CARB regulations being accepted as federal standards. Working with the legislature left me with many contacts and some inside information. Expect ML's and antiques to be regulated as modern arms very soon. Special Taxes and fees are also in the wings. Many states will follow suit per usual. Its sad that the only hope for change is a national depression, revolution or foreign invasion.

Lemon Grove Rod & Gun (range in Alpine) allows BP shooting up to .75 cal. Ranges from 25 yds to 225 yds. Monthly BP match on the 3rd Sunday of the month starting at 1:00 pm

Yup many ca laws suck but I live in an area where I can go to the ocean or mountains or ski water and snow fly fish a creek lake or ocean ocean fish bay fish salmon bottom fish hunt bear deer turkey run the desert in a Baja bug all of this within a couple hours plus my property value is probably 6 times what any of you if and when I move I’ll move to central point area OR

The South Bay Rod and Gun Club allows black powder firearms on ranges 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6. During the week the shorter ranges are rented to the military folks. Most days they leave by 2PM unless they do a night shoot. The ranges will all be shutting early due to contractor work on earth moving and baracades so call them first. The website “sbrgc.org” has a range schedule, cost to shoot and info about the contractor work.
In CA, the law refers to Federal laws covering antiques and “modern copies” so as long as the pistol or rifle can’t use a “cartridge” it is not controlled.

Yup many ca laws suck but I live in an area where I can go to the ocean or mountains or ski water and snow fly fish a creek lake or ocean ocean fish bay fish salmon bottom fish hunt bear deer turkey run the desert in a Baja bug all of this within a couple hours plus my property value is probably 6 times what any of you if and when I move I’ll move to central point area OR

No don't come to OR. California is wonderful and loves gun owner. Just don't make dermal contact with any water source or eat/drink anything that is grown or bottled there.

The
No don't come to OR. California is wonderful and loves gun owner. Just don't make dermal contact with any water source or eat/drink anything that is grown or bottled there.

According to data from the Central Valley Water Board, samples collected on May 21 reveal E. coli levels at Tiscornia Beach and Discovery Park were seven times higher than EPA standards. Since January 2018, that same level of E. coli has been found in the American River in at least 24 different weekly samples

The

According to data from the Central Valley Water Board, samples collected on May 21 reveal E. coli levels at Tiscornia Beach and Discovery Park were seven times higher than EPA standards. Since January 2018, that same level of E. coli has been found in the American River in at least 24 different weekly samples
Water purifier a good one

Water purifier a good one
The homeless camps are the problem. Not uncommon to see solid fecal, toilet paper and garbage go by. They have moved all the way up the American and destroyed it along with most of the tributary streams and creeks. Our primitive camp/range used to have pristine water for decades and the mini rendezvous were wonderful. Now the bums have destroyed it. As for water purifiers only boiling will kill most virus's not even chlorine or reverse osmosis are 100% effective . Not sure what bottling plants are doing but read the label first.

The homeless camps are the problem. Not uncommon to see solid fecal, toilet paper and garbage go by. They have moved all the way up the American and destroyed it along with most of the tributary streams and creeks. Our primitive camp/range used to have pristine water for decades and the mini rendezvous were wonderful. Now the bums have destroyed it. As for water purifiers only boiling will kill most virus's not even chlorine or reverse osmosis are 100% effective . Not sure what bottling plants are doing but read the label first.
Good reason right there...

Latest posts

Back